Caribe Tours - Movies?

Feb 7, 2007
I took Caribe Tours buses only twice in my two year's time living here.
(Four times, if we count round-trip doubles)

Both trips were over 4 hours long.

I noticed they don't show movies. That is strange to me, because other services I took (few times Expreso Vegano to La Vega) and Sichoprola to Higuey I take almost weekly between Higuey and Santo Domingo, show movies. Even the shorter trip buses (Sichoem to La Romana) have movies.

So what's the deal with Caribe Tours and Movies?

Does Metro show movies?

To finish, I am not so much keen on watching movies (I prefer reading/sleeping/thinking) but the "movie" makes a background for me, and from time to time, there's something good to see after all.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
I took Caribe Tours buses only twice in my two year's time living here.
(Four times, if we count round-trip doubles)

Both trips were over 4 hours long.

I noticed they don't show movies. That is strange to me, because other services I took (few times Expreso Vegano to La Vega) and Sichoprola to Higuey I take almost weekly between Higuey and Santo Domingo, show movies. Even the shorter trip buses (Sichoem to La Romana) have movies.

So what's the deal with Caribe Tours and Movies?

Does Metro show movies?

To finish, I am not so much keen on watching movies (I prefer reading/sleeping/thinking) but the "movie" makes a background for me, and from time to time, there's something good to see after all.

Caribe tours is replacing all of its older buses that have tv's with new buses that do not have tv's

The older buses with movies either show movies or play music , it is up to the driver

Don't know about metro

May 12, 2005
Last time I took Caribe, back in February, from Santiago to the Capital they showed movies. One was a Dominican movie which had already started before I got on and the other one was The Pursuit of Happines with Will Smith. It helped make the trip a little more enjoyable.

Feb 7, 2007
Maybe the routes where they have competition (Santiago, Puerto Plata, Sosua, La Vega, etc.) fromc ompanies like Metro, transporte Espinal, AETRA, etc., they show movies.... other routes they don't.

But... my first trip was to Puerto Plata, second trip to Samana. Both trips almost 5 hours, and no movies, and almost no music. Neither going there, nor going back.

Possibly depends on the luck you have, the driver, and technical state of equipment?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Whenever I've travelled on a Caribe Tours bus and they've shown a movie, the volume has been much too high and the choice of movie has been horrible - blood and guts variety - definitely not family viewing. I'm always relieved when they don't show one, which as you say, is the case more often than not.