Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Hi Guys:
I will be in the Bahia Principe Resort on the 30th of April. Not much time now! I was wondering if anyone could recomend any attractions I may be interested in while I am there, eg. entertainment, sights, tours etc.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Bahia Principe is near Rio San Juan, where you could visit a typical Dominican town, go see the lagoon, maybe go out on a small fishing boat for a tour.
There is also a really kool beach near your resort called Playa Caleton.
It's a small bay beach and there's a nice tropical easy going feeling about the place.
You could also go to Playa Grande if you like boogy boarding.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Then there are Jeep Safaris, the Gri-Gri Lagoon trip (up at Rio san Juan), horse riding & a trip dpwn to Nagua to see a crazy local town! ! Grahame.

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
Would definately recomend a visit to playa caleton. Lovely beach small bars and places to eat. Only trouble i had there was the water was a bit rough for my little one. He's only 4 and got swepped over a few times. Funny to watch but need to keep your eyes open if you have any little ones.

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Hi Everyone:
Thanks for your replys. There are ten of us in our party and need lots to do and to see. Any further suggestions including ANYWHERE near the resort, Bahia Principe, where we may enjoy a little skinny dip and nude sun baithing.
Thanks again

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Caliente Caribe

The resort is 15 minutes from the Bajia Pricipe and is the only place to sunbathe nude in the DR. You can pay a day fee and eat/drink all you want.

hatessa

May 4, 2007
hey does anyone out there no about wot immunizations u need in the dominican,im going to puerto plata,riu meringue hotel?im very confused as i keep gettin different answers from everyone?....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
hey does anyone out there no about wot immunizations u need in the dominican,im going to puerto plata,riu meringue hotel?im very confused as i keep gettin different answers from everyone?....
Wise people will tell you to consult your doctor.
Unfortunately, some doctors are poorly informed.
It is my opinion that you need none.
Some may argue that point, but I would like to put forth the following question.
If it is true that tourists need vaccines and the like to visit the North coast of the DR, why is it that us expats are all well without them?

Status
Not open for further replies.