Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dominican Postal Service.

How long should a letter take to reach the D.R. from North America? I mailed a letter over a month ago, and it has still not been delivered? Is the D.R. Postal Service really that bad? I don't think I should have to spend $80.00 just to send a letter by Fed Ex!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Is the D.R. Postal Service really that bad?
    Have you ever seen a Dominican Mailman?

tambo'

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dominican what???

Your letter might still make it. It's only been a month........

I receive mail from my company in Denmark on a(n ir)regular basis. I know what they send so I also know what I don't get.
    Some letters don't make it, maybe 10-15%. Especially if the envelope looks like it contains something of value.
    The rest are delivered within 3 weeks - 4 months from the day of posting in Denmark.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bok:

Actually "The Dominican Postal Service" is grammatically correct.

Perhaps one of our resident DR1 grammar ANALysts will pipe in when they are done with their ribs!

tambo'

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there mail carriers? Do they have little trucks that come around?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It Costs About $25.00 To Send a "Letter" By FEDEX!

But it WILL get here!
    There was a vacant lot on "Camino Chiquito" in Sto Dgo. where the mail carriers,and utility bill delivery men used a 55 gallon drum to burn their "Mail"! Beats having to work for a living!!
    Not far from where the water bottle trucks use a hose from the public water supply to fill the bottles!
    "What A Country"!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Moderator 🤡 Clown Bin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Your letter might still make it. It's only been a month........

I receive mail from my company in Denmark on a(n ir)regular basis. I know what they send so I also know what I don't get.
    Some letters don't make it, maybe 10-15%. Especially if the envelope looks like it contains something of value.
    The rest are delivered within 3 weeks - 4 months from the day of posting in Denmark.
    So I guess I should finally give up on expecting the pictures I sent here about 10 years ago to arrive.

I did see a mailman on a motorbike about a month ago. He was deliverying a letter to the neighbor from the U.S. Counselor's office in Santo Dominigo. It was special delivery and had to be signed for by the neighbor. That's the only reason he came here.

The phone company, banks, electric company, etc DO NOT use the mail service here.
    Each one of them have their own people to deliver their bills. That should give you a clue as to how much the Dominican businesses trust the mail service.

Don SantiagoDR

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

All is truly not lost. I actually received a Xmas card about a month ago that was mailed in November 2006. So it only took 4 months.

Bob K

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use INPOSDOM to receive mail. The letter carrier was dependable so maybe 90% of the mail got through. Some mail arrived weeks or months after being mailed, probably through inefficiencies in other parts of the sytem.

All of a sudden the mail stopped. I spoke to the letter carriers office at the main post office in Santo Domingo.

There was a new letter carrier on the route. The competent one had moved on.

I switched to Business Mail private mail and cargo service and haven't looked back.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had known this a month ago. My wife and I, hungry for pictures of the grandkids (son doesn't own/want a computer). Last month we gave the post office 1,250 peso's for a P O Box and a key. The key has not been made or found as of this writing so I asked for our money bank. They said its in the bank and they can't get it. This is in Puerto Plata. I too have used UPS/Fed Ex etc and it seems to work every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast