Need your thoughts on Hotel Zapata Boca Chica?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Usually on bus. I stay in Jaun Dolio.Want to visit friends on vacation need something close to Boca Chica but cant afford Jaun Dolio.What do you think of Hotel Zapata?? Any other safe affordable places for a single gal visiting some friends on vacation?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That is NOT the hotel's email, that is a middleman that takes a commission on reservations.

tambo'

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
I recommend the Hotel Boutique aka Don Emilio, which is right down the block, also on the beach, has a free breakfast, and clean rooms.

Hotel Zapata? Never again.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Zapata" Has No POOL!

It is overpriced for bthe tiny rooms,TVs, and no amenities!
It does however allow you to bring your "Ho",or "Sanky Panky" into your room!
I'll give it 4 Stars just for that!!!
Cris Colon

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Chris...you should be working for AAA/......by the way what rating would you give the Campo Bar?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
It is overpriced for bthe tiny rooms,TVs, and no amenities!Cris Colon

I have to say at $70 bucks a night for the beach side building is a bit steep. I would guess the extra cost is for the luxury of waking up in the morning and having the beach a few steps away?

Now, if only they could respond to reservation requests via DR1 link!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Have you considered calling them, it may cost you $1 to call using a calling card.

809-523-4777

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I just returned from a two night stay at Hostal Zapata. I don't understand the negative posts I have read. I stayed in the beachside building. The room was small but the A/C was cold and the hot water was hot. In less than a two minute walk you are in the water.

The hotel is guest friendly and you are given a sheet of paper upon check-in clearly stating their rules.

The breakfast, which is free, is just enough to get you started for the day. The only improvement I would like to see is a frig in the room.

The staff were very friendly and a few spoke very good English.

The room rates are somewhat hight than other hotels but I guess you are paying for the pleasure of being on the beach.

Would I stay there again? I would say YES.