Builders contact details in the pop/cabarete are

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
hi
im looking for builders!!!!!!!!!1

If you've used a builder and you've been happy with his work would you kindly pass on his email/ web-site contact details please?

If you're a builder id like you to PM to me please
  • Dominican is okay...ive used a dominican builder before
  • must speak english
  • do you have references that i can and will verify with about your work...please dont waste your time if you dont have references... I have many contacts on the nth coast and will check you out
  • must have an email address
  • do you have photographs of your work (important!)

thank you

vio

Apr 22, 2007
Hi Mikehunt,

I have no information for what you are looking for but I'm writing to you assuming that you have a piece of land that you want to build on.
I have been looking to buy some land In DR for quite a while but I still did not make my decission (North Coast: POP, Sosua, Cabarete or South: Punta Cana, Bavaro area). I really think North Coast is much more interesting , not so flat and "boring" as the South Coast.
If you already bought your land in POP area and you think you can share some of your experience I would really appreciated.
I apologize for kind of "intruding" your posting .
Thank you
Vio

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Hi Vio,

I prefer the North Coast. However it depends on how much $ you want to spend. Do you plan to build a house? Are you looking for a lot in the near of the beach or a lot with a nice oceanview? What about the size?

I would highly recommend to buy a lot in a gated community. I only know three gated communities in Sosua, where the security is really good: "Sea Horse Ranch", "Panorama Village" and "Haciendas el Choco", however the prices to purchase a lot are quite high and there are not many lots left.

"Casa Linda" and "Residencial Hispaniola" are also gated communities in Sosua and security seems to be good.

Communities between Cabarete and Sosua like "Vista del Caribe", "Perla Marina" (except "Ocean Sands Estate" at the entrance) and "Lomas Mironas" are semi-gated and unfortunately there are sometimes robberies.

If you decide to buy a lot in the Cabarete-Sosua area, then you should definitely avoid "Costa Azul", "La Mulata" and "Terramar Estate". There have been too many robberies and many killings.

There is a new gated community in Sosua called "Sosua Ocean Village" which may be also interesting.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
dominicanrep

Hi Mikehunt,

I have no information for what you are looking for but I'm writing to you assuming that you have a piece of land that you want to build on.
I have been looking to buy some land In DR for quite a while but I still did not make my decission (North Coast: POP, Sosua, Cabarete or South: Punta Cana, Bavaro area). I really think North Coast is much more interesting , not so flat and "boring" as the South Coast.
If you already bought your land in POP area and you think you can share some of your experience I would really appreciated.
I apologize for kind of "intruding" your posting .
Thank you
Vio

jfk700

Apr 4, 2007
Seeks builder in Sosua area for home addition

We would like to build an additional structure on our lot as a storage area and garage and are seeking builders with experience. Please respond to this thread if you are a qualified builder or know of one with a good reputation.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I have used Hispaniola to build me 2 large villas in Perla Marina and am quite happy with them. I can recommend Werner from Hispaniola no problems, delivered what was promised and on time. I know he's quite busy with his project in Sosua but he may find time to build you a house. Do not expect dominican price though.

Good luck and let us know your findings.

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
We would like to build an additional structure on our lot as a storage area and garage and are seeking builders with experience. Please respond to this thread if you are a qualified builder or know of one with a good reputation.

I've sent you a pm with details of a builder I know.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Maestros and IT

I agree that by far the most economical way to go is to employ a maestro directly to build your new home. However, I doubt that very many have a website or even an e-mail address. It seems a great shame to exclude some who may otherwise be perfect for your project purely because they don't use modern communications.

I know of one such Maestro who has worked on many well-respected projects and is perfectly capable of building a family home to most people's complete satisfaction at a realistic price, but he can't be contacted by e-mail. He also does not speak English, but has associates who do, so if you can speak some Spanish, that would clearly be an advantage.

If you, or anyone else, would like more details, please send me a Personal Mail.

carolina_llibre

Feb 13, 2006
You can contact Arch. Johanne Checo Phone 1-809-299-6604 email jgaetanch@gamail.com.

He worked in the following projects:
Ocean Point I & II
Puerta Del Mare
and with individual home designs

hope you find this information helpfull.

Regards

ALGS

Jul 14, 2003
You may contact Victor Franco from Constructora Jacagua (constructorajacagua.com); they have their offices right next to West-Indies.

Here are their contact details:

info@constructorajacagua.com
809 571-1021 office
809 608-1023 mobile