Sosua Hot Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
If any of you out there enjoy a good hot sauce then you need to try a bottle of Tomas' ! He can be found everyday at the Campo Bar in Sosua and the stuff is good...he sells it pretty cheap and it is some of the best I have ever had. He is an ex restaurant owner and chef from NYC and the Virgin Islands. I enjoyed listening to his stories and how he grows his own peppers and prepares the sauce. Try some there at the bar as Larry has it on the shelf. I ended up buying a bottle and carrying it with me to the different restaurants to spice up my taste buds!

frankreyes3rd

Jan 15, 2007
hot sauce....

So it is not just me! Hot sauce here is more like vinegar sauce. I found if you want to find hot sauce that is actually hot, ask a Haitian to make 'picklies'. Now that stuff is HOT! Probably Haiti's greatest contribution to the world to date. After hearing about Thomas's sauce in Campo bar I am heading straight down there to check it out.
As I say I have yet to find a Dominiacan hot sauce that could be described as a 'ring-stinger'. If there is a branded product I could buy in the supermarket, let me know, somebody, please. I have looked.
I do miss our traditional English foods like Curry, Pizza and Chinese, but love the Dominican food just the same. I always eat "local' when I travel. This way I build a resistance to the bugs in the food. I have been told that the vinegar on the salad and in their hot sauce 'disinfects' the food. Hmmmm.. nice!

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Frank...Tomas' hot sauce is not like that tabasco or louisiana hot sauce...it is homemade and not all vinegar...he puts some garlic and rum and a mixture of a few different peppers in it...and he takes pride in makin a great product!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
This is actually the second place that I am reading about this wonderful hot sauce.. So where is the Campo bar? I will have to check out this hot sauce.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
hot sauce

Go up from the Europa towards La passions and on your right hand side is Campo Bar

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
How can I get a hold of some hot pepper seeds?
Iv'e been looking forever, and can't even find a jalepeno.
Any info would be appreciated.
Next time I'm in Sosua I will try and find Campo Bar, but the directions above are known to me
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.