Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Hot Sauce

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Hot Sauce

Best hot sauce is "Sosua Hot Sauce" made by Tomas who is at the Campo Bar in Sosua every day...the stuff is cheap and good! Homemade and not the stuff that burns a hole in your mouth but has a great bang to it! Much better than that tabasco crap!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever we go to eat in Sosua I have never seen any hot sauce anywhere . When I did finally find some it was at the Super Super and it was from Puerto Rico not the DR. So this year I have decided to bring my own hot saucem because I really need it on the wings, ribs fish etc.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default go to the campo bar and ask for tomas

go to the campo and tomas will hook you up!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The falafel place on Padre Bellini in Santo Domingo has some top quality chilli sauce, available in take home pots. I can't remember the name of the place, but it's on the junction with Sanchez.

The falafels are excellent as well.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickA View Post
    The falafel place on Padre Bellini in Santo Domingo has some top quality chilli sauce, available in take home pots. I can't remember the name of the place, but it's on the junction with Sanchez.

The falafels are excellent as well.
    El Rey de Falafel.....? By far the best I have come across in the DR, although I haven't tried the Campo bar one yet.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

heh...i bring my own as none of my domincan friends will go near the stuff. There eyes bulge in horror as a splash it on almost everything i eat!!!..eggs, fish, chicken. One friend is a very very good cook and he gets so mad at me! I just tell them that its the mexican in me (the truth).

my friend here once cussed me out "thats the problems with you mexicans...you put too much jalapeno in everything and that gets your blood too hot and thats why you cannot keep your women!" jajajaja.

gary short

Wow your friend has you figured wrong........hahahaha......

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I thank Chirimoya for suggesting MAREMONTI – restaurante – café (809-620-1843). Most Saturdays, I call and place an order for a delivery of two servings of ceviche (one mixed seafood, the other only fish), which comes with a small container of a very hot pepper sauce, which is the only one in town I can really say, “pica más que el diablo”. Along with La Linea Noroeste, the DR Southwest is where to look for home-made hot sauce. I prepare my own, from the following ingredients: fresh ají pipí (bird pepper, or any other wild extra hot pepper), fresh garlic cloves, and fresh oregano stems. These are cleaned and washed with boiling water, and stuffed in a bottle or jar.. Then the juice from bitter oranges (“naranja agria”), previously been brought to a boil, is poored into the container, until full. Leave alone for about a week, and then use only the liquid. Once exhausted, you can refill several times with fresh bitter orange juice, until the "picante" is finally exhausted. Great in sancocho.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I often go to Santiago's Price Mart and buy Frank's RedHot
    Made in louisiana, great stuff.

JSP Page

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    I often go to Santiago's Price Mart and buy Frank's RedHot
    Made in louisiana, great stuff.

JSP Page
    That's what my restaurant uses as the base for my chicken wing sauce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast