1 12.50%

2 25.00%
  • 1 = Horrible

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Architectural Ratings: Parque Las Praderas

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 = horrible and 5 = excellent, rate the new Parque Las Praderas which has replaced an abandoned lagoon in Santo Domingo.

-NALs

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

5,,,,,,,,,,,,today,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,garbage cans will be stolen,,,,,,,,,,,,,bicycle lane is a joke,nobody will use it,,,,,,,,,,,my sweaty kid is not gonna play in that sand..........playground equipment is a joke, seen bigger and better at a day care,,,,,,,,nobody will water the new plants and trees, they'll be dead in 5 months,,,,,,,,fancy lightbulbs will burn out and not be replaced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it's a 5 compared to the hole in the ground..............

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amparocorp View Post
    ...but it's a 5 compared to the hole in the ground..............
    That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh! lol

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortuneatly it is a sad fact.............

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, if nothing is built people complain. If something is built, people complain. Tough crowd.

Las Praderas is a nice enough area to have the neighbors form a private management committee funded by the community to maintain the park (already reached an agreement with the electricity company and have electricity 24/7).

Then again, that probably won't happen because in the DR everybody want the government to do everything.

People need to learn to think of these projects are gifts from the government to them and as such, the people should take care of such project as much as they possibly can.

That's how many parks in the US are maintained, through community actions. Well, at least that's based on what I have read on maintenance of Central Park and Bryant Park in NYC, public spaces under private control, otherwise it would become a wasteland in government hands.

It's a gift, people should do everything to protect it and maintain it.

But, it's easier to complain than to act.

-NALs

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not complaining, I'm laughing at the comparison which struck me as quite ludicrous.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm not complaining, I'm laughing at the comparison which struck me as quite ludicrous.
    Did anyone said that you specifically was complaining?

-NALs

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No, just keeping the record straight.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

my first thought when i saw the park was WOW that's great. after closer inspection, found a few flaws in the design.............then the car horns started blasting and i realized i wasn't in niceville, kansas..........when designing a prison it is best to keep in mind that criminals will be living there. a nursing home shall be laid out to accomodate the elderly and infirm.......a park in santo domingo should not be designed as if walt disney is going to maintain it, and people from niceville are going to use it........central park in NY when examined closely is indestructible heavy duty steel and concrete.....i am not complaining or bad mouthing anyone, only callin dem as i see dem............OOPS....gotta go, my sister-in-law just put the wastebaskets back in the bathrooms, this could be trouble, thought i cured that.....................................see what i mean?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default donation drives and charity events and (i.e. not government) is the answer

stuff like this begs for a Friends of X/Neigborhood Association to take the helm..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast