Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification. I must admit, I didn't know that religion and race were off limits, though of course I can understand why. I think when some threads are closed they may have been edited prior to closing so the reason for closing isn't always as clear as it might be. I missed the earlier suggestion to PM the moderators to check for content matter or ask questions. That seems to be the best idea.

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Snyder View Post
    ... We as moderators are also human
    .... objective independent verification may be necessary

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Verification of species is always welcomed and in so saying this is an open invitation to one and all to venture to my little corner of the world for said verification anytime the ability arises. Though El Seybo doesn't offer much as a hub for sightseeing it does offer many different species of which 'tourists' isn't one of them. Though occasionally you will see a few hanging out the back of a tour truck or sitting in a passing tour bus gawking as they pass through town on their way to wherever. It is also suggested that if you wish to venture here that you know a little Spanish as English is virtually never spoken here. That is unless you wish to speak only to me.

Of course in the process of verification it is suggest that said analysis be undertaken by more then one person as the 'objectivity' of the grader is always subjected to 'opinion'. Darn, there we are faced with that word opinion again!!!

Has left the building...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Snyder View Post
    On a more serious note I wish to say that if you see bad grammar or punctuation by I please point it out as I'm always open to learning where I may make a mistake. I'm by no means perfect but do take a little pride in trying to use proper English.
    )
    http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handou...r/g_comma.html

-The Kid

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much.

The Kid's student

On Vacation....
    Post Thanks / Like

The comma is an annoyance in written language which only delays the reader from reaching the end of the sentence and ultimately frustrates the reader. Unlike the full stop (or period) which means exactly that - STOP right there now mister!!!! the comma is a warning that one can choose to ignore without any real consequences (like a security guard who is really a pretend cop) but the full stop will definitely get one in big trouble - if you miss a period all hell will break loose. That's it period.

Has left the building...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadInToronto View Post
    That's it period.
    Shad, my man, that's not it. This is it. Period.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh, they're everywhere, they're everywhere............................

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567