A Kinder, Gentler Forum ... for Old Hands

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
If you, newbie, come here wanting to make us believe that you know EVERYTHING about the Dominican Republic, even though you have only visited 1-3 times, make sure you wear your seat belt VERY tight because a "bumpy" ride WILL come your way!.

Seeing the DR through the eyes of someone you meet a few weeks ago, doesn't mean you know EVERYTHING about the DR and it's people.

There's space for only 1 know-it-all here, and that's AZB, wahahahahaha!!!.

i know im probably going to get flamed for this but yes azb does know alot but he sometimes is a little sarcastic with his answers

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have one for the regular members :nervous:

Please do read the whole first post before jumping in and giving advice. Don't go by what the last person's post was about.

Sometimes we are so eager to respond that we miss the real question asked. :paranoid:

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
OK, in an attempt to make this a Kinder, Gentler place for newbies (or those darn noobs with dumb questions ;) ), lets do a list of how newbies can integrate easily ...

Lets do a list as well for how "experts" can react:

Chill, relax, wind down! Thats why we came here in the first place.
Stop freaking out if somebody says the "Dominican" or "Sosoa".

Werner

Caberette , Dominican ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Aargh, I messed up - and got the sequence of events wrong. I split these posts out of the thread on a Kinder and Gentler Forum for Newbies.

Let's focus here on what the old hands can do to be ... uhm ... less .... uhm condescending uhm, no, wait a minute .. I've got it ... more welcoming to Newbies ;)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If you want to join the Grammar Police, please feel free to submit your resume, spelling doesn?t count and aint important!

Submit it to Chirimola, our paid-up member of the self-confessed-uptight-spelling-grammar-mafia.

Don SantiagoDR (...that?s Santiago, R.D. for the Grammar Police?s benefit) ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you see the same question for the 1,424th time, resist the urge to reply sarcastically. Leave it to one of the 'almost old hands' to show off their new found knowledge and take an opportunity to reply. Don't dominate!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Ok, am I losing it totally or what?

Now we have two threads, similar, and I thought I posted in the first one, but now I?m in the second (?) one somehow!

That sure makes it "A Kinder, Gentler Forum... for confusion!".

Sep 19, 2005
Lets kill the grammer police....because if you understand, thats all that matters....and besides some of us failed typing class, because we could care less....and even if we only type with 2 fingers....it is still good enough as far as we are concerned.....now if we use the wrong words all the time, thats different......but in the end it may be too late for english class for a bunch of us anyway......

PS after hearing a half dozen dominicans use the term. "The Dominican" refering to their ouwn country....I think everyone here should just let it go....

heck no one says boo, when AZB assures us, that ALL the people from the barrios are chopo low lifes......or if you dont have your nose so far up a society dominicans behind to be able to say what they had for dinner last night you are a low life chopo, destined to marry an old foggy gringo or canadian bag looking for those elusives O's...

but dont ever type poorly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha

bob
two finger bob

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you want to join the Grammar Police, please feel free to submit your resume, spelling doesn?t count and aint important!

Submit it to Chirimola, our paid-up member of the self-confessed-uptight-spelling-grammar-mafia.

Don SantiagoDR (...that?s Santiago, R.D. for the Grammar Police?s benefit) ;)

OK so who mite be ths Chirimola?
hey, at leest you cn spel 'grammar"
the w3hwole point og being the spelling policed is that it's self-styled.
How dod I do?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
heck no one says boo, when AZB assures us, that ALL the people from the barrios are chopo low lifes......or if you dont have your nose so far up a society dominicans behind to be able to say what they had for dinner last night you are a low life chopo, destined to marry an old foggy gringo or canadian bag looking for those elusives O's...
Beofr yoou sign my deat5h warrant, read old threads from before when ytou joined DR1. AZB has been at it for so long trhat posters just got tired of runningt though the same arguments over and over.
Chiri-minusspell cjheck- I mist admit tis a liberating expeirnece. Although some may suspedt it'sw Chiri+tequila.:eek:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Uhm, I wanted to say ... never, ever under any circumstances post when you're drunk at the bar. Somehow, if you're with your buddies, it is a different thing than sitting at the bar saying: "Let'sh vi**** my goood budsh on DR1". You'll never be able to look yourshelf in the eye the nexsht day...

And the mods will say to one another ... OK, OK, I'm on it ... he must be drunk at the bar....

Edit ... damn visit would not spell vi s h i t.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Chiri's at the bar. :laugh:

Come on Chiri what is it you want to tell the mods?

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Beofr yoou sign my deat5h warrant, read old threads from before when ytou joined DR1. AZB has been at it for so long trhat posters just got tired of runningt though the same arguments over and over.
Chiri-minusspell cjheck- I mist admit tis a liberating expeirnece. Although some may suspedt it'sw Chiri+tequila.:eek:

Love yer dicktion, grandma and puntivulation. Keep up the goog werk!:glasses: