Canadian Visas

dwightbz

Oct 15, 2006
I have yet to read about a successful visa application for a local Dominican who is not wealthy. I was thinking of sending an invitation letter for a friend ff mine to come and visit for a week or 2, but based nn what I have read, it is next to impossible for a working class person to get a visa. I have a friend who sent an invitation for his girlfriend and she was denied even though she had 70,000 Pesos in the bank and he stated he was paying for her ticket And All Her Accomadations While She Is On Vacation. He Had No Interest In Having Her Stay More Than The 2 Weeks, But The Canadian Embassy Seems To Believe Everyone Who Is Not Wealthy Wants To Overstay Their Visa.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
One needs to prove they have strong ties to return to their country. Boyfriend saying she will isn't good enough.

Please do not capitalize the first letter of every word, it's hard to read and I got tired trying to fix it ;)

BTW if that 70,000 pesos was not in her account for at least two years they will never believe it's hers.

dwightbz

Oct 15, 2006
sorry

Sorry, it is my first time writing. I didn't realize i was creating work for you.
I know better now.

thank you

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's the info for you,

Visitor Visa

Dominican Republic citizens require a visa to visit Canada. If you are a citizen of another country, please check the list of countries whose citizens require a visa to visit Canada, or click here to see if your country is exempt.
To apply for a Canadian visitor visa at the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo, applicants must present the following:
  • application form (PDF) duly completed and signed;
  • valid passport;
  • one recent passport-size photograph for each applicant;
  • letter from your employer;
  • bank references;
  • letter of invitation (if applicable); and
  • processing fees, which must be paid upon submission of your application.
  • The following documents should be included to avoid delays (if applicable):
  • previous passport;
  • school/university references;
  • birth or marriage certificate; and
  • notarized travel authorization for minors travelling without parents.
    Other documents may be requested.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
BTW if that 70,000 pesos was not in her account for at least two years they will never believe it's hers.

how about a person who have around this amount but only for 1 year and can show that each time he have is wages it deposited a party of its wages.

that will be see in the same way or not?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
how about a person who have around this amount but only for 1 year and can show that each time he have is wages it deposited a party of its wages.

that will be see in the same way or not?

I'm not the person who decides ;) I only post the info from websites and gather info from what others that have gone through this have posted.

A visitor's visa is only $65 US dollars so not much to lose right?

caro

Sep 24, 2003
thank annac

I just asking for see if you doesn t have more information with all this year on dr1 because you writting " a least 2 year".

and no is not much to lose to try once.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well, before getting married my wife tried to visit. She had/has a successful business, well educated, plenty of money in the bank, several houses...etc....denied. We invited her nieces(poor) for English school last years......success, Her brother applied in March....single, with a business, land, house, money in the bank 300,000+........denied. It a bit of a crapshoot, but single without connections.....unlikely.