LAIFEX, could it be???

engels64

Feb 27, 2007
They recently named the LAIFEX CIO. This project seem to be well under way. I really hope that this project comes together, it will really benefit the economy of the Dominican Republic. LAIFEX will highlight our name in the financial sector. I think this foreign exchange business will prosper if they keep on attracting the right people to run it.

I am aware that there are many factors foreign investors have to consider before investing in the DR and many regulations have to kick in , but hopefully these matters get resolved acordingly to help the project.

Here is the press release:

http://www.ifcamericas.com/Press_Release_Evans_ENG.pdf

rabre004

Aug 4, 2005
It isn't a "Foreign Exchange" business, it is a DEBT exchange market. It's like the stock market but only for Debt. It will have a special law, not regulated by the current dominican law. It will be like a "zona franca" but for financial services.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Dos Cheles

I think this project WILL materialize, and WILL have a great impact on DR's economy. It will be a Cap Cana of the financial sector in DR. By capturing a slice of the Latin American sovereign debt market and centralizing trading and settlements throughout the region, the project will add a lot of value. (What im really hoping for is that this project's success puts pressure on the local financial market by allowing outside competitor's to move in and compete loacally.)

Moreover, this will not be overlooked by the world, and will also put DR's name on the map. Aside from creating high quality jobs and giving a boost to real esate in the area of Guayacanes specifically.

En mi opinion, claro esta.