Travel - POP to SD (Confirmation Please)

P

Phyllis

During the 3rd week of May, I will be taking the bus from POP to SD and then back to POP a few days later. Can someone confirm/advise which of the following information is correct and/or still in effect:

1. Metro Bus leaves SD at 7,8,11AM and 2,4,6:30PM for POP. 90 pesos and takes 3 1/2 hours with 1 short stop in Santiago. Metro Expreso(809)566-7126. Where is the terminal in SD?

2. Caribe Tour buses leave at 12,1,2,3,4,5,6PM from SD to POP. Terminal is just one block south of the parque central. 75 or 80 pesos, about 4 1/2 hours. Caribe Tours (809)221-4422.

3. The above options are leaving SD and going to POP. Since I want to leave POP and go to SD - what are the days/times/ prices/.. Where are the Terminals in POP and Where do they drop you off in SD? Thank you!

H

Hillbilly

You sound like a control freak!! Jeez! Just go to the Metro or Caribe Tours terminal in POP and get on a bus! They all go to Santo Domingo and they all stop in Santiago. Metro/POP/Address: Beller at the corner of 16th of Agosto Phone: 586-6062 Santo Domingo: Address: Hatuey corner of Winston Churchill Phone 566 7126, 27, 28 & 29

Caribe Tours/POP/Address: 12 de julio Street (Calle Doce de julio)at the corner of Jos? del Carmen Ariza Phone 586 4544

Caribe Tours has a little less service than Metro. Metro seems to serve a "nicer" clientel, if you are a John Rocker type. My Swedish freiends just used Caribe Tours from Sosua and were impressed with service and the equipment. My Canadian friends just left and they commented that Metro was better than what they had in Canada. "Nuf said.

Enjoy your stay!

P

Phyllis

For Hillbilly & Maybe others who are INFORMATIVE

Thanks for your advise Hillbilly; however, I don't appreciate you calling me "a control freak",,, as I am NOT. Just asking simple questions about comparing bus companies! Isn't this board for people who have questions about DR travel??

L

Lynda

Re: Travel - POP to SD Info

METRO

POP to SD

7 am

9 am

11 am

2 , 3, 4, and 6:30 pm

SD to POP

7, 8, 11 am

2, 4, 6:30, 7 pm

P

Papa Juan

To answer your question as to where you end up in Santo Domingo. Metro stop is uptown quite a distance from downtown. but near 27 of Feb ave. and more upscale shops. Caribe Tours also on 27th of Feb; but very close to Goversment buildingd and also closer to downtown shopping. Taxi's are available at both depots and not too expensive to take to whatever hotel you want. Both bus qualities are OK; and Caribe shows movies on TV. Good luck!!

G

Grahame Bush

Hi Phyllis, You have got most of the information you require now - this is just to advise you that Caribe Tours depot in Puerto Plata has moved from Doce de Julio to Seperacion on the corner of Jose Kunhart. Give me a call when you are in & I will explain further IF necessary. - Grahame