A Sad Story! Murdered Dog! [long post]

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
* A quiet day. Friday afternoon, @ 3:30 PM. Warm, sunny, slightly windy. I was playing with the internet on my PC. A car or SUV drives up to our driveway area; the horn beeps; 30 ? 45? pass; the horn beeps again; . . a 3rd time. My Dominican live in paramour [8 years together] leaves our house with our dog; conversation, motor running; 2? - 3? later ? a single gun shot!!
* I rush outside, to see what happened. Our dog has been shot, lying on the ground, bleeding, dying. She is crying & screaming. I ask what happened. The DR driver ? chauffer of the car, a large Toyota Land Cruiser, said that our dog was barking at him ? a complete stranger to the dog; he got his pistol from the SUV & shot the dog! He informs me, very calmly. 2 ? 3 men were in the SUV.
* The ?dog?? A 2 year old male, ?Mineola Coca Cola?, part collie, part ?; has had all of his ?shots? from the veterinarian; weight? @ 5 lbs; our watchdog. She continues screaming & crying.
* Background, learned later by me: the Banco Santa Cruz [?BSC?], of Santiago, owns a lot of R E in our POP neighborhood; the result, I believe of a large mortgage foreclosure ? years ago.
* A representative of the BSC checks the conditions of the properties periodically, riding in a Land Cruiser from Santiago, driven by the chauffer / murderer. My DR paramour, originally from Santiago, knows some BSC people casually; he or they stop by our house to say ?hello? to her. The murderer was saying ?hello?!
* My paramour calls the police ? Politur; I ask the murderer to wait until the Police arrive. He quickly drives away. The police arrive later; they view the dead dog.
* My paramour called BSC; ? at the SBC gives her the name of the chauffer / murderer; I chose not to reveal his name here. End of story. Except, . . we later bury Mineola.
* Free & very sound advice: if any employee of BSC approaches your home, on foot or in a SUV, IMMEDIATELY RETREAT TO YOUR HOUSE WITH ALL DOMESTIC ANIMALS, LOCK ALL DOORS, OBTAIN & PREPARE YOUR PISTOL, & CALL THE POLICE. IMMEDIATELY! If 1 or more BSC employees attempt to enter your home, use your pistol. IMMEDIATELY!
* My Answer: NO! Your Question: Has Mineola ever bitten or attacked anyone during his 2 years on our planet? 5 lbs! Perhaps less.
* My social comments: I have been living in the DR for 10 years; substantially all in POP. I have never seen a DR shoot a domestic or non-domestic animal. It is simply not part of the DR culture; based on my 10 years? experience.
* There are evidently exceptions. BSC has proven that. Sad! So sad. Useless! Wasteful! Cruel!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'll preface this with 'I'm a dog lover'. Since the chauffeur was driving the bank employee on a work trip, does BSC become liable for erratic conduct by their driver in the course of carrying out his job? I know........a long & frustrating litigation. Maybe better to organise a boycott of the bank by all animal loving clients until the bank can guarantee the behaviour of its staff? I don't have an account with them otherwise I'd think about closing it & moving it elsewhere (after I'd fully investigated, of course). But a lot of foreigners are with Santa Cruz because it has been recommended by quite a few, I believe.

Maybe those who fall into this category would want to approach the OP for any more info they need prior to considering what action they should take? If accounts started closing the bank might organise some in-house training of its staff or at least spelling out what is unacceptable conduct?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm sorry for your loss.
I know how you feel, as I've had it happen to me.
I put the dude in jail for a couple of days, but it didn't change that my dog was dead.
Dominicans have more respect for chickens than dogs.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
have you got an e-mail for BSC...........let's fill it up.............cruelty like this really pi$$e$ me off.....sorry for your loss.........i've buried family without a tear and cried like a baby when my cat was killed by a reckless driver...........so sorry to hear of this..................

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
That is absolutely horrible. Sorry for not only the loss but the horrendous experience.
I hope that something gets done about it.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Dog Killers

There are too many people in this country who think they're above the law.
Think?
No, they are!

m'frog

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I feel your pain but remember that this is a country where joyriders can kill your child and get away with it because they're well-connected.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I too hate to see animals hurt/destroyed - leaving your dog laying there in pain is beyond belief!!

I am getting somewhat disturbing information however that the Bank's version of the story is somewhat different to that posted above - Any update for us GringoSabroso? What did the bank say to you about the employee that shot your dog? Why did your 'paramour' not control the dog to stop it barking & lead to it's getting shot? Why would a 'friend' of your 'paramour' take such a drastic step as to destroy something belonging to one of his friends? To prove to her his machismo?

MOST peculiar!! :surprised ~ Grahame.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome To The DR!

I have had seven ,or more,dogs poisoned over the last 10 years!
The last time it was "Mentioned" that a certain neighbor has a habit of poisoning dogs.
My father-in-law,and my neighbor,a General in the "Policia National", paid him a "VISIT". He was told by "El General" that if anymore dogs of mine even got "GRIPE" he was gouing to jail for a few weeks during an investigation of why my dog was sick! No more dead dogs!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

debbiedee

Banned
Oct 19, 2003
Oh I am so sorry for your loss... I really hate to hear these kind of stories. My animals are my world and I can't even begin to tell you the amount of nightmares that I have had of bad things happening to them. Dominicans (as a rule) don't apreciate or love animals like we do.

Sorry again for you loss its so terrible