Maid Service in Sosua /PArea

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
A friend of mine is moving to Sosua and was asking if there is a maid service that can be trusted in the Sosua area. You know ? Like Molly Maid where they come in once a week and are insured or at the very least reputable?

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A friend of mine is moving to Sosua and was asking if there is a maid service that can be trusted in the Sosua area. You know ? Like Molly Maid where they come in once a week and are insured or at the very least reputable?
Not that I have ever heard of.
Usually, the best way to find a maid, is from a trustworthy friend who knows a trustworthy maid.
Don't hire her for her cleaning skills.
Hire her for her honesty.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Try this one

Company called Froca, rents maids by the day or half-day,
$15US or $7.50 half day. Have never used them but a friend
says they're 'acceptable'. 809 571-2509.
Plz let us know how they perform in their cleaning duties if
you try them.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Company called Froca, rents maids by the day or half-day,
$15US or $7.50 half day. Have never used them but a friend
says they're 'acceptable'. 809 571-2509.
Plz let us know how they perform in their cleaning duties if
you try them.

i see they havent lifted their prices so as to fleece the rich foreigner as yet!
Which is good to see!

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Fleece the rich foreigner ?

Thanks Rocky .............. Thanks Tflea for info , I know them at Froca

Mikehunt
Fleece? God, I hate that attitude...........

We all complain about the high cost of living here but want to pay the Dominicans a daily wage which is 1/2 the hourly wage in Our home countries !

You think that 7.50 is A Fair Wage for 4 hours work for a "Rich" foreigner ???
I suppose if we had to pay 25 $ for a days work that would be Fleecing ?
It is barely 2 gallons of gas here ! Or a Small bag of rice....

I know in Canada 6 years ago for that same 4 hours of cleaning I paid 60 $ .......

I wish someone would make up their minds.

Tell ya What ? Mikehunt , How about YOU come clean his house , We will pay you 16$ a day ! a Dollar MORE than the going rate ! Deal ?

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Thanks Rocky .............. Thanks Tflea for info , I know them at Froca

Mikehunt
Fleece? God, I hate that attitude...........

We all complain about the high cost of living here but want to pay the Dominicans a daily wage which is 1/2 the hourly wage in Our home countries !

You think that 7.50 is A Fair Wage for 4 hours work for a "Rich" foreigner ???

I know in Canada 6 years ago for that same 4 hours of cleaning I paid 60 $ .......

I wish someone would make up their minds.

Tell ya What ? Mikehunt , How about YOU come clean his house , We will pay you 16$ a day ! a Dollar MORE than the going rate ! Deal ?

Ill over look your obvious irritation by simply saying your irritation means nothing to me.
Let me put forward a number of reasons why its ok to pay these low rates

• It is an established economy with established pay-rates, like any other country. Should an english person say to a American person he is employing
    ' oh my good fellow because the english pound is worth double the US$...im going to increase your pay"! ... No he would not!
  • i did not make the DR economy; ie its low rates of pay existed long before i walked upon its beautiful shores and mixed with its people!
  • i will never say to any employee here ' oh, you earn 20rd an hour...let me give you $20us an hr' Jojo is that what you expect me to do? Thats BS!
  • Further, if i know a Dominican purchased a 'shovel' for 1000rd...i want to purchase the same 'shovel' for 1000rd and not be 'fleeced' because i am a rich white boy! Or have a cleaning service think 'oh el es un blanco hombre...el tener mucho deniros..." Thats BS! I am simply saying ive entered an established market and wish to do business on their already established / organised terms. Not have those terms changed as soon as they see the color of my skin!
  • i did not come to the DR to help lift the workers hourly rates...thats for the government fix
  • i came here because of the DR reasonable cost of living (land cost etc!!)
  • i inject money into the economy via my land investments and house construction costs(creating work for the locals) Ill be honest, when it comes to business altruism has no place! i wish to make profit! This is how the world works. Why do you think sooooooo many people are here constructing homes? Its because of the cheap labor !!!!!
Oh and if i sound like a hard bastard....i also will be teaching english for free because i believe in giving back! I absolutely will contribute privately to the welfare of the DR people (this however is a private matter)

Its simple JOJO when im investing $$$$$$ into the country i have to get a return! Or more specifically, i am here to live well; have a cleaner, spend money in POP, use electricity and pay for the usual services. So before you tell me to pi$$ off out of the country...id like to say that this government invites foreign investors like me!
if you have a problem with this you make the first step to pay these cleaners $20 hr!!!!!!!!! i dont believe you will!

you said;You think that 7.50 is A Fair Wage for 4 hours work for a "Rich" foreigner ???

Your argument is poor; $25us will by a whole lot of rice and more than 2 gallons of gas
mike

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Perhaps you guys could start a new thread, regarding the fairness of Dominican wages, so as to not hijack this one any further.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Perhaps you guys could start a new thread, regarding the fairness of Dominican wages, so as to not hijack this one any further.

Wow, the OP hijacking his own thread!

He openned the door, Mike deserved a chance to counter back.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wow, the OP hijacking his own thread!

He openned the door, Mike deserved a chance to counter back.
Perhaps you thrive on internet battles, Dude.
I don't.
The theme of the OP got hijacked.
I didn't point any fingers.
Just hoping to settle things down and opening the door to a thread specific to Dominican wages.
If I have to defend myself to you for trying to make the peace, then it goes a long ways to showing your agendas.
Let's keep things friendly here.
This is not DeeArsehole.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
thanks and apologies

apologies for the thread hijack...that irritates me too!

Jojo didnt use his head and attacked my attitude so i let him have it!
apologies again to the readers

and thanks to the many people that pm'd me to express agreement with my response to JOJO

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
York Hunt

Don't you think you should CUM up with a better screen name pappi if you want to be treated like a businessman???

tambo'

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Give and take

I Will rebut with only 1 Comment ,

In my opinion
You are fleecing the Dominicans and the Dominican Republic as much or more than they fleece you.

Thanks again for info on the maid services....will keep you posted.