Help in Boca Chica

M

Michael

Can someone advise? Jim Hinch, maybe you reading this? hopefully..hehehe. I will arrive in Boca Chica at arund 10:00 pm at night on Friday and I worry if I can get a hotel room that late?. I know little spanish to book the room, but not to explain the situation in detail ( being late )When I called the El Candil hotel no one speaks english. Any suggestions ? Thanks Michael Boston

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Help in Boca Chica - finding a place to stay

Boca Chica has few tourists at this time and most of the people visiting for Semana Santa are staying at the bigger hotels such as the Hamaca, are staying with local friends, or come in from nearby Andres or Santo Domingo. I just got back this morning, and there are plenty of rooms available. In fact, there seems to be very few tourists around at this time. The Seafood festival and the start of Semana Santa had the beaches and town jammed packed over the weekend, but the last two days and nights were relatively quiet.

Visit www.BocaChicaBeach.net, where you will find lots of hotels listed. If you are still having trouble getting a room, don't worry. When you arrive, walk on over to Ronnie's Beach House bar located next to the Don Juan Beach Resort on the beach, and there you will find an American owner and plenty of expats that will help you find a place to stay. Also, Darren, owner of Portofinos Restaurant located on the main strip parallel to the beach, is an American and a great guy to know. He too will be more than happy to help you out. Just stop in any time and introduce yourself.

Another option is to arrange to be picked up by Chris of Trippers Transportation. He is an American living on Boca Chica and can also help you get a decent hotel, but you will need to call him now and let him know your situation, as he too frequently gets booked.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

M

Michael

Re: Help in Boca Chica - finding a place to stay

Jim, thanks for the info, I do know most of the hotels in Boca Chica, thats not my problem, I just worry that I won't be able to get a room at 10 or 11 pm, and Ronies bar may be close, so you just came back, seen Lucia around ? Michael

S

Shadow

WHY DON'T YOU STAY IN THE CITY OF SANTO DOMINGO. MOST PLACES ARE FOR TOURISTS AND YOU PAY ALOT MORE. SO MUCH CHEAPER....ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ASK AWAY

J

Jim Hinsch

It is more expensive in Santo Domingo. Decent rooms can be found in Boca Chica for as little as US$17 (Magical Tropical - 809-523-4254, Monique21@USA.NET) with most being in the $20 range (without air) or $30 range with air.

M

Michael

thanks Jim and shadow, I forgot about the holidays, but I'm all set now, finally got someone on the phone at Castalunga, ok, got to go, the flight is at 2:30 pm Michael