trump's apprentice

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
how much time does trump's apprentice have until she is reduced to tears from trying to get something done in a normal manner over in cap cana?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
she chose it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was cap cana or a 47 unit building in atlanta, according to the story in today's DR1 news.............now, she has to make donald money and get things done or she's "fired".........how soon till she starts asking for help on this board?,,,,,fellow DR1ers beware,,,,,,,,,,donald is going to have to pay money to get info out of me..........i can make a sankie look like a choir boy when trump money is available...........

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
she chose it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was cap cana or a 47 unit building in atlanta, according to the story in today's DR1 news.............now, she has to make donald money and get things done or she's "fired".........how soon till she starts asking for help on this board?,,,,,fellow DR1ers beware,,,,,,,,,,donald is going to have to pay money to get info out of me..........i can make a sankie look like a choir boy when trump money is available...........

She can always come to Sosua and sell Real estate

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Starwoods Hotels and Resorts managed to sell over US$100 million worth of real estate in ONE DAY on their Roco Ki development in B?varo. And that was without a popular television show providing free advertisement!

Did I forget to mention that it was all sold when everything existed on paper and architectural renderings? Punta Cana is hot real estate right now.

Think how many people have visited Trump's website and already seen this new development mentioned in his show.

I'm sure Trump's development in Cap Cana will sell relatively well.

Heck, Cap Cana broke the record in opening sales when the project was initiated with over US$70 million worth of sales, adding the Trump name is icing to a very lucrative cake!

-NALs

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
Starwoods Hotels and Resorts managed to sell over US$100 million worth of real estate in ONE DAY on their Roco Ki development in B?varo. And that was without a popular television show providing free advertisement!

Did I forget to mention that it was all sold when everything existed on paper and architectural renderings? Punta Cana is hot real estate right now.

Think how many people have visited Trump's website and already seen this new development mentioned in his show.

I'm sure Trump's development in Cap Cana will sell relatively well.

Heck, Cap Cana broke the record in opening sales when the project was initiated with over US$70 million worth of sales, adding the Trump name is icing to a very lucrative cake!

-NALs

Everything Trump sells ...........after all that's the art of the deal !!

Take Nabilla for example, a Mega Yacht in it's day once owned by Khashogi the Arabs arms dealer at that time. James Bond fans, from the 1983 movie Never say Never with Kim "in the news again this week" Bassinger was in.

It was great to see he took down that flag at Mar Logo

Now if he can build a skating rink in Central Park, then he should be able to solve our electric problems

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Have you been to Cap Cana?

Hazoury has one of the largest construction companies in this country, I think she will do just fine ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
how much time does trump's apprentice have until she is reduced to tears from trying to get something done in a normal manner over in cap cana?

I don't expect to see her asking for help from DR1. Like Robert, I expect her to do just fine.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I'm not so positive. I live in the area, I know what there is. Once she finds out the lack of facilities we still have in this area, the distance you have to travel to get from point A to point B, she might want to reconsider. And when she sees the way construction works in this country, bueno..... I've been in the country 11 years and I still get exasperated when things just don't want to work out the way they should, even by Dominican standards and in Punta Cana it seems to happen more often!

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
These people are on a whole other level financially and professionally and will not tolerate poor workmanship or lack of professionalism.If they can't can't get what they need from native workers believe me they will simply import the work.
Do you think she will be left to fend for herself,she will have nothing but the best support money can buy.
She will do just fine....I hate when people want to see someone who is experiencing some success fall flat on their face:tired:
hifiman

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
These people are on a whole other level financially and professionally and will not tolerate poor workmanship or lack of professionalism.If they can't can't get what they need from native workers believe me they will simply import the work.
Do you think she will be left to fend for herself,she will have nothing but the best support money can buy.
She will do just fine....I hate when people want to see someone who is experiencing some success fall flat on their face:tired:
hifiman

I'm not saying I want to see her fall flat on her face. I just know the reality of life in Punta Cana and by the comment she made about the ocean and the golf course, I have a feeling she doesn't know that resources are limited in this area. It's great to come down on vacation but when you work here, it's another story.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
hifiman
That's typical and comes with every success story.

Many people simply have an urge to say something negative when someone is moving up in the world. You can't even buy anything nice without some "friend" or "acquaintance" responding in some weird way.

Have this ever happened to you (it has happened to me more than once):

You buy a brand new car and the first thing a "friend" says is "you should've bought XYZ instead" or "I witness a terrible accident the other day with some person driving a car just like this one" or they congratulate you and a week later you see them driving a brand new car when you knew they had no plans to buy one before you did!

Or

You managed to close on a very big and important client for your business and what will the "friend" say? "Remember so-so when he closed on that account that turn sour and caused him alot of trouble?"

Or

They will tell you in so many words the following: I have been around the block and if this has never happened to me, I'm certain it wont happen to you!" They won't say it directly, but in many other indirect ways they will say that.

But, that's a fact of life. If someone is not painting a dooms day scenario for your promising future, then maybe that's a sign that nobody is putting attention to what you are doing. If no one is putting attention, then maybe what you're doing is not interesting.

I have no recollection of progress being uninteresting, it always attracts attention from the good friends and those who know every reason why you will fail.

That leaves me wondering, if they know every reason why someone will fail, why are those people not successful? If they know every road to failure, then maybe they know how to avoid it and thus, they become successful themselves? But, no it never turns out that way. The people who know every road to failure often times are failures themselves.

The worst thing that could ever happen to a critic is that he/she says "I've been around the block and I failed, so you will too" and their friend actually does well!

And this occurs with every progressive step a person makes, whether its attending college (someone will say you will not make it), getting promoted, closing on a good deal, starting your own business, etc.

Criticism is an added "bonus" to every success story.

Food for thought!

-NALs

Last edited:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I have a feeling she doesn't know that resources are limited in this area.

Keep in mind this isn't the first resort & golf course built in DR. The talent and skills exist here, money will build the other infrastructure. Don't forget the resources the Trump name and investors will bring to bear; resources will be knocking on her door 24 hours a day. I suspect its already started.

Challenges ahead for her, yes. But there's little you can't accomplish here in the country. The key is knowing when to let the local talent take the lead in making things happen and when to step in to guide the outcome. It's a big mistake to underestimate the will and capacity of the Dominican people to succeed when given the right backing.

Plus, when she does succeed, she's setting herself up as a major talent for building resort properties around the world. Perhaps a lot of oceans and golf courses in her future. Pobrecita ;)

ps: would be kinda fun to be part of this project, no?
where do i send my resume :glasses:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
pre construction real estate sales have nothing to do with the person in charge of GETTING THE PROJECT BUILT. I think she will run into issues she has never seen before. I think she will run into mentalities that will degrade her because she is a woman in a mans job in the DR.

I see Robert says that Hazoury has a huge construction company...but is it at the disposal of this project and her to be more specific. She will still have to deal with Dominican Men in their sexists state. Not rallying against Dominican men ...JUST trying to think what will REALLY happen....dont care either way myself.

I personaly think Domald only hired her because she is sexy and good looking..

Who thinks this project will get built on budget??? I bet this project take son all kinds of outside inverstors along the line to keep it afloat...JUST like CAP CANA did.

I would be suprised if she is still at the helm when and if the project gets done.

I am wondering who will be "investing" in these SUPER LUXURY realestate deals?? people who think the market is going to triple???

In my professional Un professional opinion....I see the DR as an increasingly more desireable vacation destination....but because of the goverment problems and the corruption in this country...I dont see it as a place that people want to dump their life savings into....or make huge investments...too much gray areas.....

people are used to THIS IS THIS, and THAT IS THAT...very clear cut...no disputes.

in the DR....nothing is a definate...maybe you own it..maybe you dont...maybe you have rights, maybe you THOUGHT you had rights.

we will see....

bob

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
people are used to THIS IS THIS, and THAT IS THAT...very clear cut...no disputes.

in the DR....nothing is a definate...maybe you own it..maybe you dont...maybe you have rights, maybe you THOUGHT you had rights.

we will see....

bob

I'm sure the people who invest in this project will get that assurance. This is not like buying a small lot in Licey al medio or Cotui...Do you think anyone is going to have the galls or money to challenge ownership of this land. I'm sure their extremely high priced lawyers have done all the due diligence...

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
The sexist thing may generally apply to your typical women, but you must be crazy to think it will significantly come into effect with the Donald's apprentice winner. Heck, coming as a construction (?) lawyer from Los Angeles, I'm sure she can handle whatever amateurish sexism she may encounter.

The Dominican professionals she'll be working with will probably be more at awe (not to be confused with the word aw) with her than anything.

Last edited:

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I'm not saying I want to see her fall flat on her face. I just know the reality of life in Punta Cana and by the comment she made about the ocean and the golf course, I have a feeling she doesn't know that resources are limited in this area. It's great to come down on vacation but when you work here, it's another story.

I was refering to the OP.
hifiman

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
laurapasinifan said:
I am wondering who will be "investing" in these SUPER LUXURY realestate deals?? people who think the market is going to triple???
Maybe like minded people like those who invest in Casa de Campo. And to think that Casa was developed with the DR was not even on the tourist map of any kind!

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The sexist thing may generally apply to your typical women, but you must be crazy to think it will significantly come into effect with the Donald's apprentice winner. Heck, coming as a construction (?) lawyer from Los Angeles, I'm sure she can handle whatever amateurish sexism she may encounter.

The Dominican professionals she'll be working with will probably be more at awe (not to be confused with the word aw) with her than anything.
Well, she's not the first woman to take such a high power position in the business world. There are Dominican women in top places scattered around the Dominican business world and if they managed to make it, so will the apprentice winner.

Plus, she probably expects sexism, given that the feminist movement is quite strong in the US, particularly in very liberal places like Los Angeles, where she comes from. She's college educated (lawyer), lives in Los Angeles, works in Los Angeles, and had what it took to pass the weeks long interview for that job in the Trump organization.

She is probably more than ready to deal with all the difficulties concerning her job, including sexism and people who undermine her ability like many are doing in this thread!

She has what it takes to be a success. Becoming a lawyer is not easy, but she did it. Winning the Apprentice is not easy, but she did it.

Her next job is not easy, but you know what? She knows how to get things done! And in business, that's what matters!

-NALs

Last edited: