Are they all prostitutes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGrandy

Feb 22, 2005
Every day I walked along Sosua streets, I see tens of beautiful girls.
Somebody says "Hi Sir, where are You from?" somebody touches my arm, etc.
I feel like they are only interested in make sex for the money.

Where are all respectable girls ? I can't see any in the city !
(maybe cashiers in supermercado or officers in bank, etc.)

I'm very disappointed in my disability to find same nice girl who I could respect, get to know better and maybe marry later!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
In a word -Yes!

If you're looking for a 'decent' girl, get out of Sosua and head to Santiago or Santo Domingo.

You're not going to meet one in a 'tourist' town.

Better yet - find one at home........

MarkGrandy

Feb 22, 2005
my plan is to make the D.R. as a home, all I need is

-wife
-nice little house or apartment
-children

I don't have anything in outer world

I have also noticed that one thing why girls are interested in gringos is that they hope they could live in USA or Europe with him after marriage.
Because of that, I wonder what would make me any better husband candite than local men, because I am not going to fly away from here with my wife ?

Feb 7, 2007
Not necessarily prostitutes. They may be looking for an escape (locally or internationally) from the poverty by "catching" a man that can provide for them economically. What they want, in many cases, is just to not worry about having food on the table three times a day, be able to go to salon every week, buy new clothes every month, live in a nice appartment or house (understand anything's better than a shack), and maybe drive a car. It is not that all of them wants to get you in bed and charge you for services. They may want to get you in bed so they might have a chance to a better life.

Now, do not come attacking me that prostitution is exchange of sex for money, gifts, or other compensation - your GF also receives gifts or other things from you, but the difference is that besides intime contact, sentiments are involved as well.

Also, DR is the only country which I have visited where I see quite liberal morals about sex. I was told it is the "caribbean blood". I knwo many DR men that are quite liberal when it comes to women, and women when it comes to men. Barrio girls have no problem to go to bed with somebody for money or other compensation, and they are not necessarily prostitutes - professionals. Also, the "cabaret" employment - waitresses/prostitutes - seems to be quite a widespread (you won't find any entertainment venue (bar, disco, etc.) that would not have girls "working") and the population is quite accepting that. Seems no more different employment for large number of people than washing dishes or babysitting.

I wonder what would make me any better husband candite than local men, because I am not going to fly away from here with my wife ?

Probably the fact, that even if you stay in DR, your dominican wife would most probably be better off economically with you than with the majority of the Dominican men.

Last edited:

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
In a word -Yes!

If you're looking for a 'decent' girl, get out of Sosua and head to Santiago or Santo Domingo.

You're not going to meet one in a 'tourist' town.

Better yet - find one at home........

Ccccccccccc read this; and give MommC a pinch and wake MommC up .Decent girls in st domingo,there no better here than sosua,in fact worst,can not comment on santiago,but wont hold my breath;to the poster read all you can on this web site and weep,no quick fix for love here! quote you will always wonder if the chicas here want you for you ,or your money,and good prospects for them.I know where my money is going to bet on. however may work if both are happy with a convienent of sex for wealth.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and if you do find a decent girl anywhere in the world, would she really tell you she hasn't done something at least once for money ? NO !!!
it's about survival in the DR, and the gringos can provide it. what people fail to realize is that although some DR girls are known for the sex trade, they're not stupid either. they do what they have to do.
as was stated earlier, professionals.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Every day I walked along Sosua streets, I see tens of beautiful girls.
Somebody says "Hi Sir, where are You from?" somebody touches my arm, etc.
I feel like they are only interested in make sex for the money.
Chicas who approach you in the streets, are either putas or looking to rob you

Where are all respectable girls ? I can't see any in the city !
(maybe cashiers in supermercado or officers in bank, etc.)
Birds of a kind, flock together.
The decent chicas will not hang out where the putas and thieves do, so you will find the decent chicas anywhere and everywhere, except where the bad chicas are.
There's a half mile stretch on main street, where most of the chicas, are, "in the game".
Avoid this area.

I'm very disappointed in my disability to find same nice girl who I could respect, get to know better and maybe marry later!
Do you speak Spanish?
Are you a good looking personable guy who would normally attract nice women?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In a word -Yes!

This is really inaccurate.
One might suggest staying off "the strip" on main street, but to suggest that there are no decent chicas in Sosua is ludicrous.
I'm sure my girlfriend and her friends would strongly disagree with you, as well as be justfully insulted at your insinuation.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
county seat towns

Check in at a small family hotel near the central park in any county seat town (Cotu? , Sabaneta Santiago Rodriguez ...). These towns don't have vagabonds. Everyone works and has some stable position in the town's society. Wholesome women in their mid- 20s-30s abound.

Stay several days. Have your meals at restaurants near the square, across from govt buildings, clinics, banks. The professional women that work in these institutions usually have degrees, are moral and decent, and lack opportunity in the macho culture here to meet unattached decent men.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Check in at a small family hotel near the central park in any county seat town (Cotu? , Sabaneta Santiago Rodriguez ...). These towns don't have vagabonds. Everyone works and has some stable position in the town's society. Wholesome women in their mid- 20s-30s abound.

Stay several days. Have your meals at restaurants near the square, across from govt buildings, clinics, banks. The professional women that work in these institutions usually have degrees, are moral and decent, and lack opportunity in the macho culture here to meet unattached decent men.
Good suggestion

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
and if you do find a decent girl anywhere in the world, would she really tell you she hasn't done something at least once for money ? NO !!!
it's about survival in the DR, and the gringos can provide it. what people fail to realize is that although some DR girls are known for the sex trade, they're not stupid either. they do what they have to do.
as was stated earlier, professionals.
Kyle, you have a very cynical view of the world. There are MANY very decent poor women who would not become a paid "companion". Of course if you go to the DR-or any poor country-as a sex tourist, hanging in the sex tourist towns (like Sosua or Boca Chica) with hookers and mongers, I can understand how and why one might develop cynicism.

Saying Sosua or Boca are typical of Dominican towns and society is like saying strip bars in the Bronx is typical of America. It's just not true.

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
Tuan,the moral and decent women you speak of here,does not change the fact that most of them would not stop at anything ,to get a ticket out of here,or to fleese a cock happy male out of his hard earned cash.These decent women still live well below the poverty line,and most live in the barios here.

Sep 19, 2005
I got to tell you way too many people have stereotyped the dominican woman. They are as dynamic as as you can imagine. They want love, they want sex, they want a family...they want stability..they want to eat good, the want to drive a car, they want friends ....they didnt fall out of the sky onto this little island where they are the only kind of their species. I am not an expert in picking up the street putas, but I would imagine it isnt hard to figure out that they only need to know the ropes not the guy. I have walked dozens of times through Sosua with my GF. I dont see guys peeling hookers off their arms. I have been out at night in the disco which I can see has 25 to 50 singles women waiting around. They are not fighting over the meat that walks in the door. Me and my GF danced away the night several times with no more than looks from girls that I would get in any bar in america. I dont have this eery feeling I have to run out of there, nor does my GF.

In the barrios I can tell you for sure that they have women of all mind sets. My gf has friends that have slept with many many men even at their young age. She also has a cousin who recently had her boyfriend of 5 years leave her. It was oh so tramatic,I am sympathetic until I hear that she never gave him any intercourse. FIVE YEARS!!!!!didnt give it up, and she is upset when she finally finds out he started cheating on her.

I know some have said "what do I need a boyfriend for". I think that is just a reaction to the thinking, that if they cant find the man that treats them the way they want, they just wont have a man , until the time comes that someone seems to want to treat them the way they expect. But those girls are friends with others girls who seem to not have those hang ups.....you wont find 60% of them that fit into any specific mold.....
When I drop my GF off at the hair salon....of the 5-10 women there....once in a while i will hear that one of them is a puta, a few times it was obvious, others I was amazed...

If a guy meets a woman in any other country, he knows noting of her past..she could have slept with a 100 men....A persons mind is a complicated thing...I dont think a woman is tied to her past her whole life. Just like people that commit crimes....doesnt mean it will happen repeatedly the rest of their life. How many men marry virgins?

what a person thinks and feels going forward is what matters most..
and in the DR women have a less clear path to retirement life thats for sure...

I wonder if a guy marries a dominican woman in Charlotte NC that is 38 years old and working at IBM in the accounting dept for the last 5 years, will up and leave if he finds out that when she was 19 she went to sosua to make some extra money every holiday, because her mother had no job and her father left the household when she was 5. Is it possible that in an instant someone so great is reduced to trash with out doing a thing.?

I guess in some minds that happens

bob

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Nice Girls

Nice Girls do not walk the streets. They are at work school at church or at home. Tomeet one of these you must be enbedded in the community and be presented to the family. Get to know the mother and father first. Ask permission to date her and your first date will not be alone. Some proffesional women will go out with you but, only after they know you. Do not be aggressive they get this everyday. If she works go by talk with her surprise her one day with a juice and cake hand her a business card ask her for her telephone number and what time is the best to call. Mostly on Sundays she will be able to go out so plan a nice simple day the park museum etc. Remember you get more with honey than with vinegar.

Lady

Apr 13, 2007
Hi every body, is very bad to see that manys people see the dominican girls as prostitute mean at puerto plata in a place where there is goods girld that work honesty and stady also, every time cames girls to several parts of this town to be looking for some tourist that can give to them money and pleasure by money, but here in this town i can make you sure if you go to look for a good girld to have a nice relacion and a good matrimoney with one, them you must see more from your eyes see, there is much girlds that want a good house with a husband and chidrems and those are who working as secretary, in a supermarket or a professional girls that i know that want to be happy in a good relation, i can make sure that your eyes no see more than they can see, if yu try to see more than you can get you will get a good lady. I know my country is selling as a big protitution country but not all womans are likeness there are many, that are diferent and iam the proof of that.

iam angry with manys peoples that just thing about the protitution here, but there is more than that, there is honest, sincerous and humans woman here too.
Have a good day every body.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Kyle, you have a very cynical view of the world. There are MANY very decent poor women who would not become a paid "companion". Of course if you go to the DR-or any poor country-as a sex tourist, hanging in the sex tourist towns (like Sosua or Boca Chica) with hookers and mongers, I can understand how and why one might develop cynicism.

Saying Sosua or Boca are typical of Dominican towns and society is like saying strip bars in the Bronx is typical of America. It's just not true.

that's one opinion....too bad it doesn't count for something.....:ermm:
maybe i should write in grade school english, maybe SOME PEOPLE would understand. :laugh:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Hi every body, is very bad to see that manys people see the dominican girls as prostitute mean at puerto plata in a place where there is goods girld that work honesty and stady also, every time cames girls to several parts of this town to be looking for some tourist that can give to them money and pleasure by money, but here in this town i can make you sure if you go to look for a good girld to have a nice relacion and a good matrimoney with one, them you must see more from your eyes see, there is much girlds that want a good house with a husband and chidrems and those are who working as secretary, in a supermarket or a professional girls that i know that want to be happy in a good relation, i can make sure that your eyes no see more than they can see, if yu try to see more than you can get you will get a good lady. I know my country is selling as a big protitution country but not all womans are likeness there are many, that are diferent and iam the proof of that.

iam angry with manys peoples that just thing about the protitution here, but there is more than that, there is honest, sincerous and humans woman here too.
Have a good day every body.

Very nice. Thank God only a few of Dominican women must work like this to make a living.

btw: you must use more periods and commas.
usa mas puntuacion, puntos y comas, para poder entender mejor.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Thank God only a few of Dominican women must work like this to make a living.

Edited.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.