Best Lawyer In Sosua/POP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Can anyone recommend a honest lawyer on the North Coast? I only met lawyers who are lazy and don't work much but want thousands of dollars upfront. As soon as they received the money they do nothing. I'm not looking for lawyers who can just make contracts, but lawyers who can fight for your rights in a court. Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I highly recommend Caesar Pena in Sosua. He used to be head Fiscal in Puerta Plata. I have used him for several matters and he always did what he said he would. He is also head of the PLD in Sosua and the surrounding area. So he is politically connected.

His number is 809-571-3857.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
I highly recommend Caesar Pena in Sosua. He used to be head Fiscal in Puerta Plata. I have used him for several matters and he always did what he said he would. He is also head of the PLD in Sosua and the surrounding area. So he is politically connected.

His number is 809-571-3857.

Thanks for your recommendation, SKY.

Does Caesar Pena speak a little bit english?

Thanks.

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
I recommend Fabio Guzman's Office

You can reach their office on line at:

drlawyer.com

Their telephone number in Sosua is: 809-571-2880

Check out their web page at the above URL and as I mentioned you can also contact them that way.
I have used them for several years and believe they are the best.

jwampler

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The best fighter in court that I know is Julio Brea in Fabio Guzman's Sosua office. He is skilled and very tough in court.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Argentina Brugal of Puerto Plata is one tough cookie AND has English. She is also straight (the family already has money!). Felix Mercado of PP also straight, has about 6 languages including English (he's the judicial translator for PP Courts). Not sure how tough he fights in Court because I haven't seen him in this capacity. The all time Court performer has to be Dr. Messon (Checa). Truly magnificent but I think he has virtually retired. Does a TV show on Telecable Canal 3 called Panorama. He's the quiet one on the show but wait till you see him in Court! If the case was interesting enough you might hook his interest.............try phoning in to the show. That would show........determination! :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Legal Assistance

Here is a link to the US embassy.

They offer a guideline to follow when seeking legal assistance in the Dominican Republic.
Good Luck

I know you're trying to be helpful so please don't take this the wrong way but
1) Not all of us here are US citizens
2) Even some US citizens here do not believe everything the US Embassy tells them
3) The US Embassy does not have personal experience of everyone on their list and they take no responsibility for the standard offered. They do not, I see, even take responsibility for keeping the list up to date :cheeky:
4) What I believe the OP asked for was personal recommendations from people who have used different lawyers and who actually know what sort of work is done and reputation carried. And that is what he got, different recommendations from different posters, all credible, some of long term experience of living here. These recommendations are all of them far more credible than an Embassy list where if something goes wrong the Embassy will throw up its hands & say 'not my fault'. If something goes wrong with DR1 poster recommendations the OP will COME BACK AND YELL AT US. :paranoid: So we'd better be right! :)

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Absolutely spot on Lambada. If a person wants honest, factual and usable info, the place I would NOT go is to the govt website.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
These recommendations are all of them far more credible than an Embassy list where if something goes wrong the Embassy will throw up its hands & say 'not my fault'. If something goes wrong with DR1 poster recommendations the OP will COME BACK AND YELL AT US. :paranoid: So we'd better be right! :)
Perhaps the post at the link below, will explain why blessednluvinit is suggesting that people go to the US embassy website for advice.
It would seem she doesn't trust DR1 & DR1ers.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/61030-real-estate-agent-lawyer-recommendation.html#post508635

How do you know the credibility of the people who post comments on this web site? What are their credentials? Are their credentials recognized by the government?
Anybody can post anything on any forum or message board and have no accountability or creditbility.

blessednluvinit is a relatively new poster and does not yet know the depth of DR1.
As there are a few "fly by night" forums operated by people with special agendas, it is understandable that she might lump DR1 into the same category.
There is no doubt that her info is incorrect and that DR1 is not only the best source for good DR info, it's virtually the only good source.
That being said, I think her intentions are good, misguided as they might be.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Argentina Brugal of Puerto Plata is one tough cookie AND has English. She is also straight (the family already has money!). Felix Mercado of PP also straight, has about 6 languages including English (he's the judicial translator for PP Courts). Not sure how tough he fights in Court because I haven't seen him in this capacity. The all time Court performer has to be Dr. Messon (Checa). Truly magnificent but I think he has virtually retired. Does a TV show on Telecable Canal 3 called Panorama. He's the quiet one on the show but wait till you see him in Court! If the case was interesting enough you might hook his interest.............try phoning in to the show. That would show........determination! :)

I have to agree with Lambada, Argentina Brugal (as in Brugal Rum Family)
Argentina has been my lawyer since 1989 and she is 100% straight.
She only works now 5 days a week 10:00 AM to 12:30
As Lambada indicated she is not out to rip anyone off.

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
I have to agree with Lambada, Argentina Brugal (as in Brugal Rum Family)
Argentina has been my lawyer since 1989 and she is 100% straight.
She only works now 5 days a week 10:00 AM to 12:30
As Lambada indicated she is not out to rip anyone off.

i agree, i too have used her to assist me with the legal aspects of some projects ive been involved in!
i always pay AFTER the service has been completed!
many people had initially recommended her to me and im glad they did
m

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
blessednluvinit is a relatively new poster and does not yet know the depth of DR1.

She has been around forums for a number of years. We tried to ask some questions on another forum to help her when need for medical treatment issues arose with her boyfriend/husband's family (sorry I forget his exact status, it was 3 years ago!). But I seem to recall that she didn't come back.

So, nice to see you again, blessednluvinit. Did the medical issues resolve themselves?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My reponse - Your responses are despicable. Was my husband ill at the time? Yes he was. Did his illness go away and his health improve? Eventually it did. It is really not nice to see you again especially when the comments that you write are demeaning and disrespectful.

If you say so. I believe people were trying to help you from being ripped off, which looked a possibility from the info provided. However, it's in the past so we'll leave it there.

The only payroll I'm on, to answer your question, is my University (pension) & the UK Government (likewise).

I don't think I have a reputation for demeaning and disrespectful posts, but perhaps others are more qualified to judge?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I think you must have touched a raw nerve Lambada. Nothing in your responses to Rocky &/or others that should have created THAT sort of response as far as I could see - but then I have been known to be blind at times!:pirate:

Enjoy your stay on DR1 Blessednluvinit! :ermm:

blessednluvinit

*** Sin Bin ***
Oct 16, 2003
To Bushbaby and Lambada

Hi Bushbay - thank you for your feedback. Touched a raw nerve huh??? It is important for me to come from a place of integrity. That place is my experience. If a person who chooses to engage in a dialogue with me, and does not make an effort to inquire about my experience, and the result of my responses "touches a raw nerve" is not my problem. :squareeye Thank you for your input and offer to enjoy my stay on DR1.com. I appreciate that.

Senor Lambada - your response is confusing. Why would you bring up a sitiuation that happened 3 years ago, and is unrelated to the original question in this post?????????? Why would you partially post a quote from a private message that I sent you? Since you took it upon yourself to disregard the privacy of that message, why don't you demonstrate some integrity and post the entire private message that I sent you? :eek:gre:
You posted....
If you say so. I believe people were trying to help you from being ripped off, which looked a possibility from the info provided. However, it's in the past so we'll leave it there.
We should leave it there, but for some unknown reason, you made a choice to make a faulty connection between the question I asked 3 years ago and the information that I decided to offer in this post. (By the way, they are both unrelated.) With that being said, the question I asked three years ago was never answered because of the rush to judgement and the rush to assume the worse. I was seeking information. I wanted to get an education, and at the time the responses that were posted made me feel like I was pounced upon and attacked. Excuse me for being human.

The only payroll I'm on, to answer your question, is my University (pension) & the UK Government (likewise).

I don't think I have a reputation for demeaning and disrespectful posts, but perhaps others are more qualified to judge?
- I am the least interested in searching your posts in the past in order to make a determination and assessment about your reputation. I made that comment about you having a disrepectful response to my post because you did. You disrespected me, my husband, and marriage when you made the choice to ask if whether or not my husband's illness went away. You ask me about my husband's health 3 years later and then you want to defend your reputation that it is not disrespectful? Am I missing something???? :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.