HELP! I HAVE LOST MY HART!!

H

Henry

39 years old dutchmen with a dominican wife and 2 lovely kids has lost his hart to the Dominican Republic. to make it possible to live in the DR with my family i'm looking for a job (like so many other's, i know..) whe have a home in the cappital but it can be on any place. i've 18 years experiance in working with tourists and i can also work with computers. Please let me know if you have some information for me. thanks. Henry

D

DEF

More like you lost your mind! Stay where the heck you are and take her and the kids there.

H

Henry

i'm sorry DEF but we're already living together for over three years in the netherlands. we want to move over to the DR. so if you have a good answer on my respons i would be gladful. Henry.

D

DEF

Cogradulations Henry, Stay where you are! That's the best advice I can give you. From expierance. Dan in know Canada. With My Family on there way. P.S Why would you want to leave the Netherlands to go to a less developed country, to put it nicely. You've got all of Europe to find a comfortable warm place to live. Try Greece? Good Luck!

H

Henry

NO, Def, whe want to go down there. whe have a nice home in the capital and i'm just looking for a job to make sure that whe also have some money coming in. when everything is arranged i'll have some time to set up my own bussines. greetings to you and good luck! Henry.

Y

Yve

Home is where the heart. If he feels that he doesn't want to be in the COLD netherlands and he wants to live in the warm tropical weather of the Dominican Republic than let him be. Who are you to discourage him.

D

DEF

Cause I've been there , done that Lady. That's how I know. How do you know?

W

William Leslie

Obviously DEF could not adapt to living in a country where everything was not handed to him on a plate. Sounds like a bitter person blaming it on his personal bad times in the DR. Thats no reason to think that nobody else would like it here. There are many that love it here and would not think of going back AND they have previously lived in some of the best comfortable places as you call them. How boring many of those can be. I think if you watch the international news regularly and open your eyes they do not look like such good places either.

H

Henry

Re: HELP! I HAVE LOST MY HART!!-2

DEF, for your information, i've be'n there for over 3 months in 1996 to 1997 and i'm just back home from a trip of 6 weeks. For me it's good down there, the people i know there are good, my wife's family is good and thy are nice and hard working people. my wife's oldest brother is a lawyer (and a good one) so he can help me with all the official things that i have to do. I just need a job to be sure that we have some money coming in in the first year, so that i can work out things that are neccessary to do to set up our own bussines. So if annyone has some information for me, i'll be glad to get it, either on this board ore on my email adress. greetings, Henry

Y

Yve

Because I've lived there for almost three years. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!!!!

D

DEF

Bitter Shmitter: I'm definetly not bitter! I had a marvelous time, the thing you may not realize is, if you want to make something of yourself(other than preaching or helping the poor)that is not the place to progress. To leave the Dominican Republic with a million dollars, you better go there with two! It's a great place to vacation and live half the year round. Not the kind of place you want to go and try to raise your kids and family. I choose to raise my son here (Canada) rather than in a third world country. That's a fact! If you choose other than God Bless you and Good luck. You'll need it!

H

Henry

I don't want to leave the DR with a million dollars, in fact, I don't want to leave it at all (only to visit my family overhere). Gods Bless and Good Luck is wat we all need. and I am sure that it is possible to set up a good life and future for our kids in the DR. You call it a third world country but it's also the number 2 on the touristic list here in europe and the tourist industry is still growing, verry fast. If you read the daily newsletters you know that the EU with Spain and the US are pumping millions and millions in to help the government in modernization and setting up all over the country. the DR, for my opinion, (but I'm not allone in this) in the future will be the trading-door to Europe for Latin America. greetings, Henry