I'm looking for Merengue Tipico Band to Hire....

Rubidubi

Apr 30, 2007
I'm looking for a merengue tipico band to play at my wedding in Miami, Florida.
Now, this may not be the spot to post this, but i'm looking for a band LOCATED ALREADY IN MIAMI.

This is for September 1st, 2007, so if anyone knows of any really good merengue tipico bands LOCATED ALREADY IN MIAMI, please let mek now.

PS: I'm looking for the small time bands in the Miami area, not the big name artits like Yovanny Polanco or El Prodigio... I can't afford those guys...

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2005
have you asked what El Prodigio charges? I say him in a hole in the wall in Danbury CT last year. The cover was only $10, and I be the place didnt bring in 400 people....

In the same town I saw a band that had Los in their name( large band), and headlined a singer named Hector i think...short guy... I wish I could remember more details. Anyway the charge for that group was $25 a head......

that leads me to believe El Prodigio might not be as exspensive as you think.... and he comes to america often enough

good luck

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
no you didn't?

have you asked what El Prodigio charges? I say him in a hole in the wall in Danbury CT last year. The cover was only $10, and I be the place didnt bring in 400 people....

In the same town I saw a band that had Los in their name( large band), and headlined a singer named Hector i think...short guy... I wish I could remember more details. Anyway the charge for that group was $25 a head......

that leads me to believe El Prodigio might not be as exspensive as you think.... and he comes to america often enough

good luck

bob

a short guy? you must be talking about El Torito -Hector Acosta, great voice!!! Los Toro Band? didn't he leave that band? He sings some good bachatas, "

But it doesn't matter how much they charge at the door, the place must pay the agreed price, even if only a few people show up.

here Bob is the chorus to one of his famous bachata/merengue

Si tu estubieras,
se que mi mundo seria diferente,
y en el destino mi mundo es tu suerte,
y volverian sue?os de primavera,
vuelve mi reina,
que a mi la vida se me esta acabando,
que tanto el alma me esta destrozando,
y aqui en mi pecho no cabe mas penas,
si tu estuvieras..

Sep 19, 2005
a short guy? you must be talking about El Torito -Hector Acosta, great voice!!! Los Toro Band? didn't he leave that band? He sings some good bachatas, "

quote]

'
Thats the guy...I had acosta in my mind...but wasnt as sure as i was with hector...so i left it out...and thats the band....they "featured" hector.....but once he sang i recognized his song and his voice from the radio.

I only offered that info as a comparison to El Prodigio who i saw in the same town......and I went to both....

hows life there MAR?

Are you going to see Chyanne in NYC this week or next?

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

quote]

'
Thats the guy...I had acosta in my mind...but wasnt as sure as i was with hector...so i left it out...and thats the band....they "featured" hector.....but once he sang i recognized his song and his voice from the radio.

I only offered that info as a comparison to El Prodigio who i saw in the same town......and I went to both....

hows life there MAR?

Are you going to see Chyanne in NYC this week or next?

bob

no Bob, I was thinking of going to the Mayimbe a Mayimbe concert, but I think I'll save that money and go to a spa instead and get me some deserved pampering or a least a manicure and pedicure, lol :cheeky: and later a glass of wine with a friend.

Rubidubi

Apr 30, 2007
um.... yeah guys... thanks for help...

I appreciate the help, but what MAR says is true.
They always get paid their asking price. What the club charges is for the club.
I'm from NYC, and I'm used to the idea.

I didn't want to get anyone from out of the states because i'm only looking for a local band, a small time group where i don't have to worry about getting them visas to travel.

Small, local groups are really good...
I just wish i knew a few in the Miami area...
Still, if anyone knows of any in the MIAMI Area, please let me know...
Thanks!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
um.... yeah guys... thanks for help...

I appreciate the help, but what MAR says is true.
They always get paid their asking price. What the club charges is for the club.
I'm from NYC, and I'm used to the idea.

I didn't want to get anyone from out of the states because i'm only looking for a local band, a small time group where i don't have to worry about getting them visas to travel.

Small, local groups are really good...
I just wish i knew a few in the Miami area...
Still, if anyone knows of any in the MIAMI Area, please let me know...
Thanks!

what if you go into Univision site and go to the Musica area and into their forum, maybe there you can find out more information. You can ask the same question.

Maybe Musicqueen can help???? Just a suggestion.

Sep 19, 2005
you beat me to it MAR...because I DO HAVE TO WORK...ask my boss.

Musicqueen is from that area and knows a lot about dominican music.

PM her. she has to be one of your best bets from this site.

good luck

bob