Neurologist in Santiago

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
My grandmother has been sufferring from what seem to be very mild strokes. She has been admitted on 3 ocassion in the last 2 months to Cilinica Bonilla and I don't feel she's is getting the best medical care there. They keep running CT scans to figure out what is causing the attacks and they cannot seem to pinpoint the problem. Per the information I get from my relatives is that the CT scans show some type of shadow if the brain but they cannot figure out what it is. I'm guessing it should be some type of blood clot but they donlt belive it is that.
Can someone please advise me on a better medical center I can possibly refer her to or shed some light of this situation.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pielmorena: Boththe Cl?nica Corominas and the Centro M?dico Cibao are recognized as having very good neurologists.
I am not in Santiago right now, but a phone call to 809 971 6625, to Dr Est?vez, might help you. (He is the only one that will answer that phone.)
Tell Dr. Est?vez that his dad told you to call and ask about neurologists. He will point you in the right direction so you can assist your family make the right decisions.
Remember, today is a holiday in the DR.
HB

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
Pielmorena: Boththe Cl?nica Corominas and the Centro M?dico Cibao are recognized as having very good neurologists.
I am not in Santiago right now, but a phone call to 809 971 6625, to Dr Est?vez, might help you. (He is the only one that will answer that phone.)
Tell Dr. Est?vez that his dad told you to call and ask about neurologists. He will point you in the right direction so you can assist your family make the right decisions.
Remember, today is a holiday in the DR.
HB

Thanks Hillbilly,
I tried calling but received a fax tone.

Latest news on my grandma, they're assuming it may be a small tumor. They''ll br running some special test tomorrow at another facility (which happens to be closed today due to holiday). I should add that for a couple of weeks before he 1st attack, she started getting facial spasms on the right side of her face which go off about every 5 min. and has had them ever since.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That's why I said " Remember, today is a holiday in the the DR>"
Call tomorrow after 10 a.m. Or send him a fax today and call tomorrow.

HB

docp

Aug 13, 2005
She needs a cat scan with iv contrast or an MRI if it's available. Also very important is who is reading the scan. From the symptoms you gave it is more likely to be a tumor on the right side in the parietal lobe and not a stroke. UCE medical center in the capital is a very good well equiped clinic. Hope this helps. Good luck. docp

Last edited: