Best Place to buy Furniture on the North Coast (POP)

acmiller

Mar 29, 2007
I need a full house of furniture, beds, chairs, tables the whole thing... outdoor too. Any suggestions where I should go or not go to get good quality local products? Do shops negociate on prices? What about delivery? Is it made to order or stocked? Any web sites that show the variety of styles?
thanks

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I only know what we did. Outside Sosua is a furniture shop. Big chair, on road nearthe car wash. His name is Otto. He and his wife are very helpful. They have things in stock and will make whatever you want, if they don't have it. The prices very based on what you want to spend. A rental as opposed to you home. They deliver on time, depending on weather. You can probably find someone cheaper. We tried that and got burned. hope this helps.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have done this before but here it is again:

1) You need to decide what kind of furniture you are interested in.
2) Basically, you have three choices: (a) Rattan; (b) Mahogany; and (c) pine or ?? wood.
Rattan offers cooler and more tropical ambiance: Two Choices-> 1) Mimbre y Rattan Navarrete--see Tito Bueno. 2) Artesan'ia Rattan in Santiago--> see Ping Jan Sang Ben..current CEO.

Mahogany is a whole 'nuther world. You would have to either go to furniture stores (Muebles M'endez ofr example) or to the actual work shops...
You can cut out your favorite designs and take them to the factories and have them imitate them. Custom made is not all that expensive in the DR.

Pine or ?? wood. yes real ?? wood, generally rescued from used pallets or packing crates. Actually the favorite food of termites...Pine you can get treated and termite proofed. Apply the same as re: mahogany.

HB

debbiedee

Banned
Oct 19, 2003
You definatly need to shop around in POP... You will tend to find that all the furniture shops have the same stuff so you need to go with your little pen and paper ask prices, tell them their joking.. ask the discounted price and them move on to the next shop. Electro Frances Muebles have always given me a great service and beat the previous prices that i have found. Don't waste your time with the little assistants who can't make a discion on what discount you can have just ask for Francis himself. I found him to be a nice honest guy. Once he knows you the service gets better.

Failing that you can't beat Casa Nelson for decent prices LOL not the best furniture but my house looks pretty cool (of course thats my opinion)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of HB"s post and in terms of quality!

For this amount I would strongly suggest you head to Santiago. There is much more choice and better prices. Yes most places will deliver!

Diablo

May 4, 2005
Dont buy the furniture in POP, but go to Santiago . You will save a lot of money for same quality......