Malecon Closure Sundays

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Just my thoughts but doesnt anyone get annoyed at the closing of a main arterty of the city EVERY DAMNED SUNDAY just so a dozen or so teenagers can shoot hoops?What was a novel idea,had it been implimented once or twice a year has turned into an absurdity!The final straw was the Sunday of Semana Santa.I was driving down the Malecon thinking theres no way they ll close the Malecon during Semana Santa due to the volume of people coming back to town when sure enough I hit the barriers diverting me towards Ave. Independencia.Not even the usual dozen teenagers were playing ball this night.This closure is beyond stupid.I have no words.Arent people suppose to play ball and spend family time IN PARKS,NOT MAIN AVENUES!!!!!!Unreal!!!!
ECM

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Parked cars

Well how about all the parked cars there also no wonder the traffic is bad here they turn a four lane highway into a 1 and half lane road. Instead of spending money on the metro just implement odd even days with your licence plates. No trucks in town during the times of 8-5. Taxis can only stop at taxi stands. etc. The problem here is green banana syndrome.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
"El pl?tano embrutece" is a Dominican saying. Plantains make you stupid.:tired:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Overnight. The effect is instantaneous, not cumulative. ;) so gringos beware.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If you park your car and walk from Pasteur to M?ximo G?mez you'll see more than a few kids playing basketball.

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Enough to justify closing the Malecon every sunday?Are you affected by this closure or just piping in from another city?