Plastic Surgeon rec?

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Hola...I've searched the old posts on this & don't see any new ones, sOooooo... I need to find a plastic surgeon who will do an abdomenal procedure (scar revision) and some lipo under LOCAL plus light sedation. I know there are two in Santiago, but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of one in Santo Domingo (I live in JD). If you don't feel comfortable posting about your experience or knowledge, please email me or do a private post. I'd be happy to share any of my own experiences with the DR health care system (as a doc and patient)...I've sampled the orthopedic area (I broke my arm surfing on the 27th of Feb), had various eye exams, filled numerous obscure Rxs, begun my son's orthodonture and done a bunch of things like sutures, arm relocations, treating various ailments, etc. Just ask!
TIA!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sorry can't help with the plastic surgeon but would be fascinated to hear about your experiences working as a doctor here. You must inevitably have made comparisons to the country in which you obtained your licence to practice........ anyway, do tell us how you have found it.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Docs in DR

For what it's worth, I'm a grad of UCLA & I also have an MPH in Behavioral Sciences & Health Ed. I've seen quite a bit in a relatively brief time (1 yr here). What do you want to know? As a general rule, the equip and facilities outside of SD & Santiago are older and appear somewhat antiquated but the tech skill of the MDs and DDSs is quite good. Of course, there are the good and bad in every country & field. I forgot to mention that I have had GREAT experiences with a dental practice in San Pedro: Dr & Dra. Diaz (right near Iberia.) Just let me know what you want to know.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Oh sorry, I couldn't have asked the question clearly (& I've got 2 arms LOL). It was this bit which you wrote 'I'd be happy to share any of my own experiences with the DR health care system (as a doc'. I know about being a patient here, just interested in hearing your experiences working as a doctor. I always find peoples own first hand experiences so interesting. OK call me nosy........:)

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Well, I can go into great detail about all sorts of bizarre practices. It appears that many OB/GYNs here believe that pregnant women are like turkeys. When they reach 40 weeks, that pop out thermometer is supposed to be out (meaning the baby.) I've seen WAY too many failed inductions which lead to c/secs...more in a bit.

julius

Feb 27, 2007
ChriHE, How long was the process to get the license to practice?
Did you have to take any exams?
Thanks