Where 2 stay & places to party in Santiago

Charm City

Nov 28, 2005
Hello, this is my very first time posting here. I came across this site after my initial visit to the D.R. back in 2005. I had traveled quite a bit in the US and wanted to try something different. So, I booked a flight to the Dominican Republic and stayed in both Santo Domingo and Boca Chica for a few days each. I had a good time in both places. However, for my upcoming visit in May, I want to travel to Santiago with my novia before we head towards Sosua. Please tell me, where I can stay in Santiago for under $60 per night? I would like for it to be in a reasonably safe neighborhood since I will have my girlfriend with me. Also, I am 37 years of age so I still like to party on occasions. What are some of the more popular dance clubs in Santiago that cater more to the upscale crowd? It does not have to be on South Beach level but I like to dress nice when I go to clubs. My musical taste includes rap, jazz, r&b, reggae, reggaeton, merengue and salsa.

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
dolce, baby

if youre in santiago, try going out to a club called Dolce. the curfew is a buzz kill though. have fun.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Stay at Aloha Sol on Calle del Sol for about $45 a night and right down the block is a upscale place called Francifol which caters to an upscale crowd, so dress hip, but accordingly.

Sep 19, 2005
while it may be small, you should check out ZOOM, it is on Ave Feb 27 a few blocks down on the right from Estrella Saldaha(spelling?).

for merenge and salsa go to the newer club next to Hache hardware... called Dizzy Ranch. Go past the Gran Almirante and look for Hache at a light and bear to left and quickly look on your right. I think the crime rate in santiago and the captiol are greatly different.....I would be carefull in the capitol, but i dont worry about much in santiago.

good luck

bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And do try Tribeca, also up scale. Also Baja, across the street from De la Salle (between JP Duarte and 27 Febrero)

Taxi rides in Santiago are $100 pesos, unless you go way across town...which you won't.

Also think about Platino on Estrella Sadhal? (proper spelling) which fits your budget, a bit more modern than Aloja Sol. However, Aloja Sol is in the middle of town, for sure...

You should have a nice time there...

HB

Charm City

Nov 28, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions; I will checkout a few of those places. I just wished that I had more than only one week to visit. There are so many places things to do and places to see in the Dominican Republic.