Flights from here to Greece

JasonR

Nov 18, 2006
I have a slight problem.

My football side Liverpool just reached the Champions League final in Athens on 23rd May and I have a ticket for the game.

Nice problem to have but how the hell do I get there from here ?

A quick net search is not showing me anything under $1,000

Are there any Greeks here or anyone with connecitons to the Greek embassy who might be able to advise?

Will I need to fly via the US to get a decent price ?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you're lucky you can get there under $1,000 - but how are you gonna get back?

If you are talking round trip under $1,000, you are living in a fantasy world.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Spanish airlines Iberia and Air Europa sometimes come up with very cheap deals just before summer peak season. I know because I can never take them up because you have to travel before the school holidays.
I don't know if they connect to Athens but they would definitely get you as far as Rome via Madrid, and then you could get another flight or the train to Brindisi or Bari and the ferry from there. Long shot but why not contact AE and Iberia and ask them what's coming up.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Just did a quick search on JetAir (Jetairfly.com) Puerto Plata or Punta Cana to Brussels is Euro 220 & return is 200 Euro. Flight date would be Mondays i.e best for you is Monday 21st!
Flights to Athens from Brussels are daily (I think) & by Brussels Airlines (Search) with seats from 103 Euro plus taxes = Euro 400 round trip!! Total therefor is Euro 820 x 1.36 to convert to U$D = US $1,115. (not far off your budget & might get cheaper as a last minute booking!!

AirComet (out of Santo Domingo) to Madrid is Euro 500 round trip (https://www.airpluscomet.com/) & again, prices can go up or down nearer the date of travel! They travel on Wednesdays & Saturdays.
Several travel/flight search engines show flights daily Madrid - Athens from approx US $420 round trip!!

Enjoy the game & just to make you REALLY happy - come on the BLUES!!!!:ermm: :bunny:

Last edited:

JasonR

Nov 18, 2006
Just did a quick search on JetAir (Jetairfly.com) Puerto Plata or Punta Cana to Brussels is Euro 220 & return is 200 Euro. Flight date would be Mondays i.e best for you is Monday 21st!
Flights to Athens from Brussels are daily (I think) & by Brussels Airlines (Search) with seats from 103 Euro plus taxes = Euro 400 round trip!! Total therefor is Euro 820 x 1.36 to convert to U$D = US $1,115. (not far off your budget & might get cheaper as a last minute booking!!

AirComet (out of Santo Domingo) to Madrid is Euro 500 round trip (https://www.airpluscomet.com/) & again, prices can go up or down nearer the date of travel! They travel on Wednesdays & Saturdays.
Several travel/flight search engines show flights daily Madrid - Athens from approx US $420 round trip!!

Enjoy the game & just to make you REALLY happy - come on the BLUES!!!!:ermm: :bunny:

Thanks for the info!

Got a flight booked to Brussels in the end for just under 500 euros return. I can make my way from there.