Had enough monster electricity bills?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Here's a guy who thinks he's got a solution for you....

I MUST point out that I haven't bought his book so don't give me a hard time if you only ever manage to keep a 20w bulb switched on. But having said that, most of us have already got the expensive bits in our homes.

Would anyone like to comment on the forklift truck batteries?

windmill

Good luck!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Wishful thinking.....

I haven't checked this year on the price of good quality batteries, but I imagine they are in the $80 to $100 US price range each. Did DRCAFTA help that price at all?

Dream on Mike...

The price is over $100 each now.

Don SantiagoDR

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
I like it

Battery Comparison

There is some discussion on batteries in the above article.

Forklift batteries are rather pricey, wow. I just checked on Ebay and found a "slightly used" one for almost $689 with a new price of $1,595 US. It is referred to as a Type 1006-21, 1,000 amp hour., E-583 and is a 24 volt battery. However, this is about double the price but also more than double the capacity of a typical 24 volt system with 8 batteries when using locally available 235 amp hour batteries in two banks to achieve about 470 amp hours. That one forklift battery is similar in capacity to a 24 battery system typically used here. I haven't checked this year on the price of good quality batteries, but I imagine they are in the $80 to $100 US price range each. Did DRCAFTA help that price at all?

If the forklift batteries really lasted for 20 years under the conditions we have here, it might well be worth it to invest in a forklift battery if they were available here at that new price of $1,595. Finding used ones might be really difficult.

eBay: GBC Yale 24 volt forklift battery near new 24v e-583 (item 330115470138 end time May-06-07 06:52:38 PDT)

I like the idea of having a single battery solution that's "too big to steal", and if your price for a new one (equal in output to 16 regular batteries like Trace) of $1595 for a new one is correct, it sounds like a wash cost wise, even if it doesn't last all that much longer than regular batteries - or am I missing something?

Also, given the ubiquity of forklifts for load handling, I have to believe that somebody in DR (Ochoa?) is already selling these babies.

Marc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Better Come Buy Your Batteries In Santo Domingo!

12 volt "Deep Cycle" batteries cost between 2,600 and 3,000 here,depending on what "make" they are,and where you buy them!
I think I will get that "E-Book"..."just in case"!!!:cheeky:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC