What can be done?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
There is a road from La Sabana Abajo to Martin Alonzo this road services over 1,000 people to travel to the hospital and other needs. The condition of the road has got so bad that taxis refuse to enter to help. At one time [ 7years ago] it was paved and now next to impossible to use. Some of the villages that need this road are Tasajera,El Puerto, Los Conucos Adentro, El Higo, La Puga, Las Cruces, Jamo and also people crossing the river from Villa Isabela. I personal seen the sindico and offered to pay for fuel and wages for two workers if they would do something and was told they were not interested

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
There is a road from La Sabana Abajo to Martin Alonzo this road services over 1,000 people to travel to the hospital and other needs. The condition of the road has got so bad that taxis refuse to enter to help. At one time [ 7years ago] it was paved and now next to impossible to use. Some of the villages that need this road are Tasajera,El Puerto, Los Conucos Adentro, El Higo, La Puga, Las Cruces, Jamo and also people crossing the river from Villa Isabela. I personal seen the sindico and offered to pay for fuel and wages for two workers if they would do something and was told they were not interested

If you really want to do something about it, talk to three or four of the local tigueres to form a larger group in order to block the road with bolders and burning tires. Spread a few pesos around, including rum bottles and pica-pollos. Call the local journalists, a TV crew es best, but first coach the locals on what to say, even provide some signs demanding the road repair. And last but not least, call the police, asking for a swat team to open the road to traffic. If that doesn't work, please PM me for a "plan B".

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
If you really want to do something about it, talk to three or four of the local tigueres to form a larger group in order to block the road with bolders and burning tires. Spread a few pesos around, including rum bottles and pica-pollos. Call the local journalists, a TV crew es best, but first coach the locals on what to say, even provide some signs demanding the road repair. And last but not least, call the police, asking for a swat team to open the road to traffic. If that doesn't work, please PM me for a "plan B".

If I may suggest "plan B"

Walk all the way to the capital like that other fella did demanding to fix the roads in his home town. Also don't forget to carry a big cross it works wonders.;)

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Martin.

As you live in the province of Puerto Plata then I would suggest that you go there as you are getting no help from the local Sindico. If my information is correct the senator for that district is Francis Emilio Vargas Francisco (f.vargas@senado.gov.do ). For what it is worth a Senator can take any ideas presented to him by the populace and present it or them to the house as a law to be discussed and voted on.

As to your dealings with the Sindico I am interested in hearing if you have in fact attended the weekly meetings held at the Ayuntamiento as they are open to the general public. Also, whether anyone has presented this problem to the assembly and what their reaction was in front of the whole public that is or was in attendance.

Rick

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Thanks Rick

I sent an e-mail with photos to Francis Emilio Vargas Francisco and as of yet have not had a response but they have started work on repairing the road.
Sindico weekly meeting are a close held secret and I have not found out where they are holding them.