laptop guru needed

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Yippee finally got wireless connection. But the AOL signa keeps appearing on the taskbar - I now have 17 anyone know how to clear them? Ive tried all the normal help and support ideas but nothing works

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Go to the control panel and select add/remove programs.
Highlight AOL Uninstaller, and click change/remove.
Then it's fairly self explanatory.

AOL is useless and just hogs memory/resources.

cheers,

tambo'

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thanks Tambo but I think you misunderstood, I have had AOL for many years - that is not the problem, the problem is the sign keeps on continuing to repeat itself on my taskbar and I cant stop or remove it. Yes I would like to get rid of AOL but many advisors have told me its impossible to remove as it clings on!!. Unfortunately I am registered on cards internationally with this AOL email address otherwise I would get rid of it.

I just want, at present, to get rid on this problem on the taskbar. Its only since I got a wireless connection

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Right Click over the icon, and click close!
If that does not work open the "Task Manager", right click over the clock, and close the AOL pest.

I would still remove AOL and all of its components, and use AOL dot com for the email address access.

I really hope you are not paying for AOL since it is free if you are using another ISP.

tambo'

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
You do not get the full options or history on your AOL account when you go through another ISP to open it. The taskbar menu does not give a clock as you mention. On this menu under customise its showing nearly 50 AOL icons. Its nuts. I need a guru to clear it

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think I figured it out, go to Charamicos, talk to Pedro at the Compra/Venta, tell him tambo' sent you. Give him your 1990 WIN95 Laptop. He will take care of you and you should be able to walk away with at least RD500 to use the @ the Cyber Colmado cafe.

tambo'

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I think I figured it out, go to Charamicos, talk to Pedro at the Compra/Venta, tell him tambo' sent you. Give him your 1990 WIN95 Laptop. He will take care of you and you should be able to walk away with at least RD500 to use the @ the Cyber Colmado cafe.

tambo'

LOL are you on the sauce? WIN 95 laptop???? and if I were to use that guy's shark shop Id send my husband to his wife, she gives a much better deal to men! "Pedro" confided in me years ago that his wife wanted my husband. So I hardly think I need your referral for my new laptop:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and all this mirth for a glitch on the taskbar

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
...and if I were to use that guy's shark shop Id send my husband to his wife, she gives a much better deal to men! "Pedro" confided in me years ago that his wife wanted my husband.

Pedro?s wife found out about your laptop, sent you a virus, so that you would send your husband over to talk turkey with her! ;) lol

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You have a virus

The icons are now up to 52! its driving me crazy
Although I hate AOL as a program and would love to blame them for your laptop problems, this is clearly not the case here.
You have a replicating virus.
I have PMed you a phone number for resolving the problem.

gdelectron

Jan 4, 2007
avg

have you tried downloading and running avg free and adaware se other than that how are you with formating you harddrive what laptop do you have age operating system have you saved all you info you need its not overly difficult to do just need to be a little comp literate i often format mine when i get a stuborn virus or my comp slows down and wont clear with adaware takes about 1 hr thats all if you want help email me and i will do what i can for you

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
Barbara,

If you don't get it sorted, i'll do it for you. I've pm'd my new mobile number.

Jonathan

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Ta

have you tried downloading and running avg free and adaware se other than that how are you with formating you harddrive what laptop do you have age operating system have you saved all you info you need its not overly difficult to do just need to be a little comp literate i often format mine when i get a stuborn virus or my comp slows down and wont clear with adaware takes about 1 hr thats all if you want help email me and i will do what i can for you

Thank you so much

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you have XP, try using the "system restore", going back to a time when your computer was running properly, and then update your anti-virus and run it.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Last edited: