spanish man robbed and killed in sabanetta.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
missed the tv news today and dident notice anything written about it on the front news page of dr1.
but a spanish man of 40yrs or so had his throat slit and died in his home last night in sabanetta,just outside of cabarette last night?wed 4th?.
stopped at a colmado ther this morning and the old boy i know there said he was up there at the mans house to have a look at the gore as word started to spread this morning.
his body was found on the balcony of his modest house in a little barrio just behind the main rd in a lagoon of blood.
made some enquiries with some dominican friends who live right by where the man lived and by all accounts he wasent a very welthy guy,lived in the barrio,drank and played dominoes with the local lads and seemed to be well intergrated into the community.
according to locals the main suspect being held is a scum bag who had stolen some money from him before although others are being rounded up.
i asked the friend of mine did the guy not keep a gun or some kind of defence weopen in the house and he said no,as the guy felt like one of their own and dident think there was any need.
has anyone else heard anything abot this diabolical crime?
because as a lot of us living here will know a lot of this kind of crimes against foreginers gets hushed up as best it can.
posting this as much to see if indeed it was on tv or radio today.
and i hope they get the guy or guys who really did it.anywhere in the world you dont want animals like that roaming around willing to kill for a few pawltry dollars.
may God rest the poor departed mans soul.

C

Chip00

Man this is horrible news. More than likely this criminals must have thought he had something of value even if he really didn't.

Do you know by any chance if the fellow had his house protected by a fence, dog or iron bars? I for one would like to learn from this if possible to protect my family as much as I can - thanks.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Manunut, Hoy has a report about two foreign murders in one article. The Spaniard could have been Cristino Peralta Quiroz who was said to be 40 years. The location was Sabaneta.

Then there is also, in the same article, a German, Helmut Fischer, 63, stabbed to death in Islabon. Both on the same night but in separate events.

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome To......."PARADISE"????????????????????

"Send Butter,Guns And Money, The $hit Has Hit The Fan"!!!!!!!

I now have 4 dogs. That should help keep the "$hit" off my lawn!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
A Dominican girl that goes to the same salon as I and works in the bar in Islabon where the German man drinks said he would pull out a wad of notes to pay his bill, this made the locals nervous. Obviously word got round and he was robbed. The girl said the ladrons slit his throat. Dreadful but I have to say it was very dangerous for him to show his money - others beware please. This is a dangerous thing to do in ANY country not just the DR.

RIP

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Wow!!!!!!

Manunut, Hoy has a report about two foreign murders in one article. The Spaniard could have been Cristino Peralta Quiroz who was said to be 40 years. The location was Sabaneta.

Then there is also, in the same article, a German, Helmut Fischer, 63, stabbed to death in Islabon. Both on the same night but in separate events.

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital
AMAZING! so near to one another the murders yet nobody in sabanetta which is just a stones throw from islabon seems to know anything about the german mans killing.
yes locals said the spanish man was only aroud 40 years of age.
someone asked in an above post if he had any dogs,gun or form of protection.
this was the 1st thaing i asked a couple of dominican friends,but as i said in the inital post he was not living in a luxury home but an itsy bitsy barrio and he was not as far as the locals say into any sort of 'big buissness".so he felt safe living rather simply amongst the local people.

sabanetta is a pretty normal very low crime area and the locals seem to me a little ashamed over what has gone on on their own door step.
report today from old boy at colmado is that they have the real killer of the spaniard.a local, so called tigere who palled a bit or drank and played dominoes in the company of the victim.
main concensus among the good hard working people of the area is that there are too many guys in the area "now'who are lazy and do not want to work for their money.they prefer to rob and cheat,and in these cases kill for easy money.
some locals said the perpertrator/s are probably drug users,gamblers or guys who like to impress the local chicks with money.
imo could be any of a combination of these motives including just old fasioned GREED.
main reason as said,locals believe, lot of young guys just dont want to work for their money the legit way.
thank God anyhow the killer of one of the men seems to have been caught and is off the streets,hopefully for a very long time.
thanks for mention of german mans killing.as i said in opening post too ,very ofton this kind of thing happens and it gets hushed up more or less or certainly does not get the publicity it deserves.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
but is it worth it to have to have guards, guard dogs, barbed wire, guns, or whatever in order to feel secure? I realize that the chances are slim that you will be robbed but don't these stories scare you to death? Not long ago I commented that some of the crimes against gringos where they were killed went beyond just wanting valuables: they wanted to humiliate and violently murder the gringo. I was skewered by some on this site for saying this. I get the feeling that Chris Colon maybe one of the few realistic writers here. If you are reading this Chris I can't imagine you are well liked. If you are incognito I suggest you remain that way:ermm:

Chris Colon, incognito? ROL. He's more like a huge walking bullseye. However, nobody, Dominican or otherwise, would dare or even think of taking a pot shot at him. ...he's the epitome of humbleness. Of course, all this is hearsay. I've never met the guy.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Am Not In Cognoto,I Am In Boston!

Never even been to Cognito. I am sure it is a nice place,but I don't want to go there!

"Cris Colon" not well liked??? :cheeky:
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

tonywillies

Dec 16, 2005
Also heard of another foreigner that was killed on Thursday morning in Sosua...anybody heard anything about this?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Also heard of another foreigner that was killed on Thursday morning in Sosua...anybody heard anything about this?

Do you mean the 63 year old German man already referred to in this thread (see newspaper link in post 3)? As far as I'm aware there were only 2 foreign fatalities on Wed night/Thurs morning on north coast & they have both been mentioned. The other events during the week were robberies (Frankie, as victim, posted on a separate thread & that was also in the papers.) Then there were robberies in Camino del Sol/Islabon area - these weren't in papers & no fatalities. That's the total for Sosua/Cabarete/Islabon/Sabaneta for last week as far as I'm aware.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
4 robberies/same guys.......

last week in cabarete 4 house robberies were done by the same 2 guys seemingly.
all in and around the texaco gas station area.
one of them was in the apt of a friend of mine.
thank God they did not harm him.he gave up what he had willingly.
he was obviousy very shaken.
but very glad that the guys involved were just after cash etc and did not at any stage use any form of physical violence on him.
i am not "a man of means,by no means".........but am starting to understand other people who are being and talking a little on the paranoid side.

anybody out there think a genuine pay increase to people would lower the crime rate?as opposed to the curfews etc?

same friend who was robbed brought this up when saying,"it stinks",a little to pay guys $300-$500rd per day to build apts/houses that are being sold on then for $100,000us and upwards.
he expressed that is something that surely needs to be looked at.

pay a man what he's worth,kind of thing?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Is it crack?

I know that we don't mention it but the "drugs" that were on the streets in Las Terrenas was crack. Here where people had not seen a foreigner 30 years ago and now there are at least 5 crack points and the poor locals getting addicted. The wonders of "development" It makes you crazy - that stuff. Of course, you can't talk about it in LT since everyone (or his cousin) is a real estate broker. But wow-- couldn't they stop the crack? Ship the cocaine if the States and Europe wants it -- but keep out the crack..