Oscar de la Renta Boutiques?

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
Does anybody know where there might be an Oscar de la Renta store? Maybe even an outlet store? I have friends coming that want to shop at one, but have never seen one. I know that there is not one at the Acropolis or Bella Vista, but figure there must be one somewhere in Santo Domingo considering that he hails from the Dominican Republic! These gals would be looking for the real stuff, not the knockoffs that you see in other stores. Any info would be appreciated!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Does anybody know where there might be an Oscar de la Renta store? Maybe even an outlet store? I have friends coming that want to shop at one, but have never seen one. I know that there is not one at the Acropolis or Bella Vista, but figure there must be one somewhere in Santo Domingo considering that he hails from the Dominican Republic! These gals would be looking for the real stuff, not the knockoffs that you see in other stores. Any info would be appreciated!
There is one at Plaza Central.

There is another one at the Punta Cana Plaza in Punta Cana and at the International Plaza in Santiago, although those won't be of much help to you.

Prepare the wallet.

-NALs

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
Thank you NALS, I never noticed it when I was in Plaza Central, but then again I wasn't really looking. They know about the prices - I think that they are hoping that it will be cheaper then New York prices, but I told them not to count on that!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Thank you NALS, I never noticed it when I was in Plaza Central, but then again I wasn't really looking. They know about the prices - I think that they are hoping that it will be cheaper then New York prices, but I told them not to count on that!
No problem!

If I remember correctly the store is on the first floor (ground level).

-NALs

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have been to the store in Plaza Central many times. The clothes there are Oscar de la Renta designed for more of an everyday wear clothing line. In other words they are mass produced. If your friends are expecting fancy gowns like the movie stars wear they will be disappointed.
I liked the clothes at Plaza Central and bought some many times for gifts. People get a kick out of the "status" of wearing Oscar de la Renta . Prices are very reasonable there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
minovio's mum buys in de la renta in santiago sometimes at the sales and apparently it's cheap - more like hundreds than thousands of pesos....