american visa

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just a quick question - i may eventually be forced to fly home via USA so i have to apply for the visa.
i know i'd need residency, bank accounts, papers from work, from the bank and lots of money.

i just want to know how many times to i have to go to SD -
can i send papers over/apply online and then go there to get passport stamped?
or do i send a passport along with all the paperwork and go to pick it up (with or without visa?
or do i have to drag my motion sick arse all the way there with the papers and then come back again for the visa?
or the above plus third trip for an interview?

traveling is a major problem so i need to be prepared as to how many times i need to go to the embassy... :ermm:

thanks...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I believe there is a procedure for applying online and then they give you an appointment, meaning that one visit is enough. Not sure whether it applies to resident foreigners though.

Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think it is also done through Banco Popular. You pays your money, then they give you appointment. I think it might be three visits - one to hand in papers, one for interview and one to pick up visa, but I could be very wrong. I know the bank comes into it somewhere - they won't talk to you without a number you get fromthe bank when you have paid!!

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Well first I have to know your actual nationality.

Are you Dominican? If you are ALL USA tourist visas must be applied for electronically now and you would want to do that anyway.

Give me some more info and I can tell you more.

-Tim

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
i am polish
Hehe this is getting difficult.....

So.... you are Polish living in the DR, and you want to go through the USA to get to Poland, right? How did you get TO the DR? Do you have a US visa? If not, you will have to apply as a Polish citizen (at least I would because a Dominican visa is ceratinly not a slam dunk). I am not sure how you would do that from the DR.

-Tim

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
poland is part of the EU, but i am a "second category" EU citizen and i need a visa to visit USA.
i flew here from london where i lived for four years.
want US visa only to expand my option of travelling back home - since i live in POP i'd have to go to SD, fly to madrid (most possibly) and then to berlin (my home city is just across the border). i may be easier/cheaper to fly from POP to miami/NYC and then to berlin.
i cannot apply for a visa from poland, no possible.
i have dominican residency thou so theoretically i can apply for a visa from here....
it's just stupid i'd need to take so many days off to travel to SD to get the visa - makes my holiday allowance shorter and it's crappy as it is already!
geez, most of dominicans i know and whole minovio's family have american visas, it can't be that hard to get it....

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
You should only need to be in SDQ for one day for the interview. Do the visa application online, I think the fee is $100.

Honestly if your nationality is Polish I don't see how you need to apply for a Us visa as a Dominican resident. If you lived in the UK for 4 years what documents did you use there? Your Polish ones right?

Also keep in mind you may be able to fly out of El Catey now that it is open.

-Tim

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks caz, i know i can fly via europe too but i want to look at all options, the chepaer the better. also it would be a good idea in case something would happen back home and i needed to fly at a short notice/immediately...