New (and improved) Codetel twist

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Our internet went out today and we called to report it. We called the old verizon number we had for help in English as our spanish is improving but not nearly there yet. There was no one there who spoke English. After being transfered several times we did get a gentleman who spoke perfect English and he informed us that Codetel has gotten rid of its English help department and will from now on only conduct any buisness in Spanish and that we should call back with some one who could relay our problem in Spanish. I know that that this is a Spanish speaking country and I respect that. We are trying to learn the language but it takes time. There is a growing expat community and having an English "help" center sure was nice. Especially since there are frequent need to call in with problems. Even in th US your are given the option with most companies of "English or Spanish" I think that Codetel has done a disservice to the commuity that it deals with.

Bob K

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The English version

Jodetel = A play on the verb joder, to screw

Siempre a su desorden. = Always at your disservice

"We're the phone company. We don't care because we don't have to."
Ernestine

YouTube - One RingyDingy

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think you'll find, BobK, that those same English speaking staff are still there - just been moved to other departments. Just ask for the person by name whom you found most helpful before. They won't have lost their ability to speak English, so once you locate them I'm sure they'll help.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
"They won't have lost their ability to speak English, so once you locate them I'm sure they'll help"

Actually we did get a very nice English speaking person. He said that he could not help me because he was not in the complaint reporting dept. He did say that we would have to call back and register any complaints or service requests in Spanish and that there was no one in that dept. who could help us in English. It seemed that that was the new company policy. Thank goodness we were able to fix the problem our selves this time.

Bob K

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
una compania Mexicana

Claro! Que es una compania Mexicana, gringito!
Con solamente 34% de la economia turismo, no puedes esperar mas cortesia en el futuro! Viva la raza!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DEar Knight!

Write an email to Adriano Tejada at the Diario Libre (the green newspaper that is free)
You can write in English==he went to Penn.

Tell him about this problem.

The Chicanos demand Spanish service in the US, so why not provide it here??

HB

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Fellow Knight.

Thanks for the info. Speaking of knights, I was at the round table a couple of weeks ago. Seemed like old times.

"Sir Bob K"

colboys

Mar 17, 2007
what a difference a name makes

we had the same trouble with codetel the other week. Lost phone and internet, tried calling and struggled through in spanish. Took a week to get the line back and then only after stopping a technician on the street.
A few weeks back we called Verizon, talked to someone in english, was given a work number and the fault was repaired the next day
Try paying your phone bill in Messon. The girl is on her celphoneor the computer is down.
What happened to Verizon staff?