PPV HBO fight on Cable tonight in Sosua

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
De La Hoya - Mayweather's fight is being broadcast on channel 47 in Sosua tonight.
Main event starting at 11 PM.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
De La Hoya - Mayweather's fight is being broadcast on channel 47 in Sosua tonight.
Main event starting at 11 PM.

For once I wasn't pi**sed off at De Lancer for stealing it and putting it on cable. LOL. I wasn't feeling to good and not up to going to a bar to watch it. Got to watch the fight at home. Not really an impressing fight. IMO.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Yo la vi.....

For once I wasn't pi**sed off at De Lancer for stealing it and putting it on cable. LOL. I wasn't feeling to good and not up to going to a bar to watch it. Got to watch the fight at home. Not really an impressing fight. IMO.
I think the fight was pretty good but NOTHING like people thought it's was going to be!.

I, for one, thought Mayweather was going to make DLY his "biotch", even though, IN MY OPINION, he won most of the rounds.

Both of them promised "something out of this world" and when it came time to deliver, it was just a good fight lacking sparks.

I very clear victory for Mayweather.

I wonder if the judge who scored it De La Hoya was watching a different fight. Perhaps his name is Jose Feliciano, hahahahaha!.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It was a lackluster fight.
De La Hoya fans hoped that his power would win against Mayweather's speed, but it didn't.
Mayweather was too elusive to hit.
No knockdowns, no thrills.

I am never pizzed off at Delancer for televising special sports events.
I would much rather watch it in the comfort of my home, than be piled in with a bunch of noisy spectators, although I do understand that it was in your interest to have an exclusivity on a given sports event, in the days you owned the bar.
Now that those days are passed, you have to admit it's nice to not have to go out to a bar to see a prize fight, etc.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think the fight was pretty good but NOTHING like people thought it's was going to be!.
It was nothing like what I hoped it would be, and exactly what I thought it might be.
I've seen puta fights in the streets of Sosua, that were more entertaining.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Solo imaginate.......

It was nothing like what I hoped it would be, and exactly what I thought it might be.
I've seen puta fights in the streets of Sosua, that were more entertaining.
My sentiments the same, but I thought it was a good fight, a little bit one-sided, if you ask me since , IN MY OPINION, Oscar won 4 rounds, at best.

See, many boxing "fans" think that the more punches a fighter throws, be better chance that fighter has in winning rounds. NOT SO!.

I knew those 3 judges were not going to fall for that (well, except for the one who became "Jose Feliciano", all of a sudden, and scored for Oscar. Still a great judge though). They know that, if going my the rules, if a fighter throws 75 punches and only lands 10, and the other one throws 50 and lands 25, the latter won the round.

Anyways, I thought the fight was good but I also understand that it didn't "deliver" like it was supposed to.

Hey, perhaps I am biased because I won 500 "macanudos", hehe.

Btw: Imagine if those "professionals" in Sosua were fighting for mucho dinero, I would be brutal!.

Schit, I would even put Vinnie Pazienza, Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini, Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward to shame, wahahaahahaha!!.

Dominican Related:

Dominican Champ, Joan Guzman, will be fighting on HBO in a few weeks!!.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Good fight, but Mayweather is clearly a better fighter, he's too quick for De La Hoya. De La Hoya can't beat quick fighters and simply showed that by losing to Sugar Shane Mosely twice.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si senor.....

Good fight, but Mayweather is clearly a better fighter, he's too quick for De La Hoya. De La Hoya can't beat quick fighters and simply showed that by losing to Sugar Shane Mosely twice.
Indeed!!.

I just hope he stop his "girlie" talk about being robbed. Robbed my axx.

"Le dieron una catedral de tronpones", hehe.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was hoping for a knockout. I was sure mayweather would win because he was younger and faster. I thought he was going to knock out de la hoya. To my disappointment, it was a sissy fight. Both couldn't hurt each other and stuck to a boxing chess match. mayweather won the fight but he didn't beat de la hoya. I wanted someone to hit the floor.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No fue tan mala....

I was hoping for a knockout. I was sure mayweather would win because he was younger and faster. I thought he was going to knock out de la hoya. To my disappointment, it was a sissy fight. Both couldn't hurt each other and stuck to a boxing chess match. mayweather won the fight but he didn't beat de la hoya. I wanted someone to hit the floor.
AZB
Actually, brotha, Mayweather fought the way he always fights.

Well, not as fast/quick but we have to understand that he was moving up in weight. In SOME boxers, even 2 pounds would make a difference.

I like Oscar so I didn't want him to get knocked-out. But you are right, there wasn't even a little hint that someone got hurt.

Hey Aftab, guess where those 500 "duros" will "land" at?.

The Villa I was telling you about!!!!.

Dominican related:

Listen axxhole, weren't you supposed to keep me updated?. I'll call you in about 5, dyckhead!!.