Safe hotel in Boca Chica for single white gal.

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hi all I have been traveling to D.R. for six months on business. I would like to go for vacation sometime in the next year or two. I really like laplaya Jaun Dolio and Boca Chica Jaun Dolio is a little expensive for me but I wondered is there a safe place in Boca Chica besides the Harmaca for a single gal like me to stay?? Thanks

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If you are willing to try a non AI, I recommend El Candil (although I believe there was a change of ownership but havent heard any negative feedback since). Good luck!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Hi all I have been traveling to D.R. for six months on business. I would like to go for vacation sometime in the next year or two. I really like laplaya Jaun Dolio and Boca Chica Jaun Dolio is a little expensive for me but I wondered is there a safe place in Boca Chica besides the Harmaca for a single gal like me to stay?? Thanks

I don't know why, but that old line from a Martin Scorsese's film came to mind, "What's a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like... Boca Chica"?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
I don't know why, but that old line from a Martin Scorsese's film came to mind, "What's a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like... Boca Chica"?

Well I have friends that live near there? They say it is the best beach? I love Jaun Dolio and Guyyacanes (sorry about the spelling) but I wonder about affordablility?? I had the luxury of staying at the Embassy suites while traveling for business but I cant afford that really for vacaition I just wanted something close to my friends and possible on a beach. While working we had only a few hours at laplaya,s or pacina. I plan on visiting my friends within the next year and solomente having a day at the beach for pedicures and shopping etc etc while my freinds are at work?? Any Ideas??

May 5, 2007
Boca Chica Beach resort (Can't recall the new name, Island Bay or something?) was always nice, all inclusive but much more reasonable than Hamaca

Costa Launga (sp) is alos decent and very friendly people, little walk from the beach though