Where do I live?

tim c

May 3, 2007
Im thinking of moving to the DR. I wouldnt want to live with armed gaurds.What are the top three safest areas to live?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you are thinking like that, stay where you are. Apparently you are in a place where there is no crime to worry about.

Watching CNN everyday, I give thanks because I am living in the DR and not in the US, where murders are routine, the police are brutal, students are going on rampages on the campus, thousands of children have been kidnapped and not found, etc., etc.

Is is great to be living in the DR.

Sep 19, 2005
we all know that the crime rate per capita is lower in the US than the DR....I have no idea how ANYONE can fathom it being different.

but in any case..the further you live away from the city the better you will be on average. The city draws the people who need a good supply of victims. Out in the country side, people live off of the land and or in a very simple fashion. They dont NEED to GET something, like a criminal does....many of the people from these outer areas that resorted to stealing and taking what they want because of what ever reason....have made their way into the more populated areas.

Those people living out in the country, are living like they have for generations. While the may be poorer than the average citizen living in more urban areas...they are nicer and more honest.

good luck

bob

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Im thinking of moving to the DR. I wouldnt want to live with armed gaurds.What are the top three safest areas to live?
I would suggest you give a little more info to us first - like:
Your age? Single or married? Age/number of children (if any)? What you want to do when you are here (are you retiring, have a large/medium/small income)? Do you prefer Towns/cities/beach or farmland type areas???

If you are a friendly person, not too rich that you shower money around all over the place & you are prepared to integrate with most of the locals, you will be safe almost anywhere. If you are an unpleasant/aggressive/demanding, non Spanish speaking person who is full of B.S., .............. you will have problems nearly everywhere! ~ Grahame.

Sep 19, 2005
. If you are an unpleasant/aggressive/demanding, non Spanish speaking person who is full of B.S., .............. you will have problems nearly everywhere! ~ Grahame.

come on Grahame...you can come up with a few more adjectives, cant you??

bob

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
come on Grahame...you can come up with a few more adjectives, cant you??
bob
Absolutely Bob & I didn't have to use much of the grey matter when they all came flooding into my mind!:cheeky: ! However, in the desire to be helpful to the Original Poster by keeping this thread open & on track, I decided not to include those - they would have been too confrontational & would have caused many sidetracks to this thread! :pirate: :surprised ~ Grahame.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Tim,

As Grahame so eloquently explained above we need more information to give you a good answer. Other then that I would tell you that before talking about moving anywhere in this world that you need to check it out first. You may find that the wheather, sun, sand, insects, beer, or what have you may not agree with you. Of course there is the possibility it will all agree with you but you can't tell till you visit.

In the mean time as we wait for your response I will move this thread to the 'Living' forum.

Rick

And as I told you in your other thread, Welcome to DR1.