How much money?

C

Chip00

Search the threads using the "Search" button - we discussed this topic probably 3 or 4 months ago and you will find the info useful and still valid.

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Tim,

Welcome to DR1. I've lived here for 11 years and do so on 1500 a month and am very comfortable.

At the top of the page in the blue bar just right of center you will see the word 'Search'. Click that word and a tab drops down where you can type in that which you wish to search. After that click the 'Go' button to the right of that tab and you will be direct to the threads that contain that which you typed. At that point sit back and read those many threads that have to deal with the subject you search.

As this belongs in the "living' forum I am moving it there. Good luck.

Rick

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Could You PLEASE Be LESS Specific??????

Just like your question:..."Where Should I Live?"
Who the PHUCK KNOWS! You have to give Detaled Questions,not "Airhead ones like your first two!

How about "What Shouls I Eat?":cheeky:
Cris Colon

is mikehunt there

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 18, 2007
Just like your question:..."Where Should I Live?"
Who the PHUCK KNOWS! You have to give Detaled Questions,not "Airhead ones like your first two!

How about "What Shouls I Eat?":cheeky:
Cris Colon

PMT chris??? how about 'men'opause???....how could you be anymore rude?. God the guy asked a question and you came down on him like he was trash?
This is a great forum...let it be!!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have found in my three years here that 1500-2000 k gives a comfortable American style life. I have always rented furnished places as I am not sure that I am staying. I do not have a car and take cabs. WOW the cabs in the capital are awesome, take you anywhere for under $5. I eat a standard US diet but often entertain with wine (which is expensive) but I don't have a gf or sanky to support. I have a maid once a week who also does the laundry. I live two blocks from the Malecon. The apartment alone in NYC would cost three times what I spend in total.

eztime

Feb 11, 2007
I too have found this post to be very interesting you see I plan on retiring in the DR very soon..and will have about 20,000 a year to live all of.for about three years until my pension kicks in..I plan on renting a front apartment also.and not buying a car just using taxi service motor conscious..also if there is anyone out there who recently retired whether it be to the DR or to some other Island..like more information on the steps and taking to depart the country in in which you are leaving..I'm pretty sure there are a lot of details and preparation that is needed to depart from the country in which you are leaving..things like the setting up mail delivery...things of that nature..would just like to know what preparations someone made to leave their country..and start a new life in the DR

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Okay Eztime I just got finished reading all your posts so now I know the story as told by you since you joined.

Rather then going through a long song and dance on living here I will tell you that what I think you should do. Come on down and stay for a couple or three months but not in Santiago. Assuming you can break away from where you presently are for that length of time that is my suggestion. Your novia will not die or disappear in that length of time so I know it can be done.

Where should you go? Where ever you want. You said you've been here a lot but I don't ever remember seeing you in El Seybo. This is a small town and there are no tourists nor is there a beach closer then 45 kilometers but there is a river nearby. Want to see other parts of the DR, learn about customs and living as an ex-pat then drop on by and I'll teach you a few things. El Seybo has 3 decent hotels whereas you can have a room with A/C for about 850 pesos a night or 550 if you can live with a fan. If you come here for a visit you will also have a free motoconcha at your disposal for local runs and a free guide to such things as using public transportation and such plus some free Spanish lessons thrown in to boot.

With the rest of your life ahead of you I fail to understand what the big rush is in getting married. I would once again say that you need to come down and spend some time here to really get the feel of this country as you might find that it isn't really to your liking in the long run and if you should find that out with a wife attached then you may find yourself in deep doo-do. Just a suggestion.

Rick

eztime

Feb 11, 2007
hello Rick..........thank you for the post as you can tail sometimes I'm all over the place I don't mean physically but literally.,appreciate the info that you gave me.and the truthfulness and frankness of it.this place you talk about where exactly is it.and what part of the country is in el seybo.also like to add every time I come to know to the DR spend about two weeks..but I also try to spend one or two days somewhere else in the country that never been.this next trip I plan on spending a couple of days in Rio .just to get a feel for the place also to do a little scuba diving..would appreciate any input you have thanks a lot.also you can probably tell that I am new to this form type of thing called to get better at it as time goes on.and be a productive member of the site..PS thanks again