Where to buy prawns/shrimps?

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
I would like to know the best place to buy shrimps/prawns in the Sosua/Cabarete area. The ones in Playero are frozen and do not look too attractive. I am sure it must be possible to buy fresh prawns so would be grateful to know where to look!

I would like to know the best place to buy shrimps/prawns in the Sosua/Cabarete area. The ones in Playero are frozen and do not look too attractive. I am sure it must be possible to buy fresh prawns so would be grateful to know where to look!
They are coming to the restaurants with prawns and langosten.
If you see the the truck with fridges. Than ask the price and you buy.

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
El Tablon

I can't give you exact directions, but if you enter Charamicos and head toward the ocean, you can find the beach of El Tablon. This is where the local fisherman come in with their catch and they have a co-op right on the beach where all manner of seafood is sold according to the daily catch. Anyone can buy there. I understand that it's very crowded early in the AM, but they have refrigeration at the coop and at about 3:00PM one afternoon I was offered fresh tuna and lobsters (a lucky day) along with the usual fare. Don't recall exactly now, but the prices struck me as quite reasonable at the time.

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006

In charamicos, go to restaraunte centerale, The owner has everything fresh, abovre the restaurant , is where you get the best of the best

When the NBA players come to town that's where they eat.

From Down Town...Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe if Rafael has some extra seafood he would sell some. But they do not sell seafood there.

You can call Rafael to check though, 809-571-3289. He speaks perfect English.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Charamicos is just West of Sosua, on the other side of the beach. It is part of Sosua actually.

By the way, Restaurant Centrale has excellent food at great prices. Upstairs from the restaurant is where the owners live. It is not a seafood store.

Another great restaurant in Charamicos is Michaels. It is located on the street just west of the beach. Everyone in Charamicos knows both of these places. Just ask for directions. MIchaels overlooks the Ocean.

C

Chip00

Charamicos is just West of Sosua, on the other side of the beach. It is part of Sosua actually.

By the way, Restaurant Centrale has excellent food at great prices. Upstairs from the restaurant is where the owners live. It is not a seafood store.

Another great restaurant in Charamicos is Michaels. It is located on the street just west of the beach. Everyone in Charamicos knows both of these places. Just ask for directions. MIchaels overlooks the Ocean.

Damn I can't wait to take the girls to the beach in order to try some good seafood. Does Sosua have reef areas with little wave action BTW?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Charamicos is the area just west of Sosua Bay (El Batey, the "main/touristy" part of Sosua being the east). you can access it from the beach - just use the opposite entrance from the main parking lot, or at the traffic light where the Caribe Tours Bus depot is. There's one main street with stores and a few restaurants. Ristorante Central is roughly halfway down the main street on the west side. The food is truly excellent, and the prices are equally great. Another great place with good food and prices is "Memories" (or something like the that - you cant miss it)...on the cliff edge near the entrance of Charamicos...overlooking Sosua Bay, the view is awesome.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The restaurant overlooking the cliff is the one I mentioned previously. Michaels is the name.

809-571-3410