List of non-profits serving the DR?

D

Dee DeMusis

Sarah--I am not sure there is any ONE list, however, just about every major religious denomination has missions there, the Peace Corps is there, Rotary International, Compassion International and other child sponsorship agencies are present. I'm sure others have some hints too. You did not indicate what type or organization you were looking for. Please post such and we'll be able to help you better. Dee

S

Sarah

Thanks for your response, Dee. I am a board member for a three-year-old non-profit, Transformational Journeys. We offer short-term mission trips to several countries including, most recently, the Dominican Republic. I thought it would be good to be in contact with other non-profits in order to share ideas, find out what efforts are currently present, and what efforts might be needed in the future (areas of need or locations that are not currently being served). Let me know what you think. If there is not a list out there, maybe I'll do the research and put one together. And please, check out our new website and let us know what you think! ~Sarah

D

DR1

David Luther of IDDI non-governmental organization, presides over Alianza ONG, which as the name says, is an alliance of non-governmental organizations. Probably he can help you. You can contact him at alianzaong@redid.org

S

Sarah

Thanks for your suggestion, Delores. However, my email to him was returned "undeliverable". Do you know of another way to reach him? ~Sarah