Sosua for 1 Night maybe 2 - Hotel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I am going back to DR for my 6th time. I love it so much, that I just can't get enough. My plans are to arrive on the 24th of August into Santo Domingo for the weekend and then take the Bus to Sosua for 1 night (maybe 2) and return back to Santo Domingo for 4 nights. What is the name of the bus company and what is the roundtrip rate?

Looking for a clean safe hotel/guest house that is guest friendly. All of my contacts tell me to visit Sosua, so I need to go see what all the hype is. As always, I will be looking to "hook-up" with the local chicos so I need to ensure that my hotel/guesthouse is is guest friendly.

Does anyone know of or can recommend a clean/safe INEXPENSIVE hotel/guesthouse for 1 night or possibly 2 that is guest friendly and not to far from meeting some of the locals?

Please share your comments to include the name/telephone number/website of the hotel and rate information and your experiences if any........

Thanks as ALWAYS

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not send a PM to "Rocky" ???

He knows where everything is up there. (Except the keys to his car!!)

That is your best bet.

HB

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Use the New Garden but book your room as far in advance as possible. They fill up quick! Nice hotel with friendly staff and very guest friendly.

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
Why not Hotel Europa

I have stayed in Casa Cayena with bad results. The price does not fit the amenities 65.00 US por noche, no tub, that rinky dink shower, and a bed so thin my back still hurts. I am not familar with the other two but why not reccommed hote Europa am I missing something. There is a web site that uses it for its tours and the price is 41.00 US por noche. Whats the deal?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have stayed in Casa Cayena with bad results. The price does not fit the amenities 65.00 US por noche, no tub, that rinky dink shower, and a bed so thin my back still hurts. I am not familar with the other two but why not reccommed hote Europa am I missing something. There is a web site that uses it for its tours and the price is 41.00 US por noche. Whats the deal?
The general concensus is that it is not as maintained as it used to be, and some folks are uncomfortable with the area it is in.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's like the wild wild west down on that side of pedro clisante....sort of...

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
Sosua?

Dakra, hello. Your post mentions 'Chicos'. If you meant Chicos, and not Chicas, why go all the way to Sosua, which is like a 4 hour trip, just to go back to the capital? Sosua is the Chica capital of the country. Heck, you can find Chicos anywhere (they'll find you; don't worry). Unless you really have to go to the capital, which is not recommended by me for many reasons; crime, filth, noise, etc., why don't you just fly in to P.P. or even Santiago, and then go to Sosua? You may be disapointed after all that travelling. Sosua has a main strip, with bars and restaurants; 2 big bars with about 1000 girls each, and a nice little beach. Eight hours on a bus, and then taxi's, will wear you down. Remember, you are on vacation.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Thanks so much for the advice. - i will send you a PM to ask you more details. From all that I have heard, Sosua is the place for exciting Chicos... Maybe I was given bad advice. - Comments?

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
I stayed at Casa Valeria for a night last October. (Rocky sent me there, as he was full - (At least he took care of the people he overbooked. Thanks!))

Nice room, friendly staff, within staggering distance from Rocky's. "Upgrading" to the A/C room was a bit of a bust tho - the power was so sketchy, we never actually got the chance to use it.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
. . . and --- BONUS --- Casa Valeria is only a two-minute stroll from Rocky's whereas the New Garden is three minutes.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I Think I Will Pass....

:chinese:

Because I will be in RD for 9 days, I think I will take a pass with Sosua. I have lots of friends in SD and would like to visit and spend time with them. Since the main purpose of my planned trip to Sosua was to check it out and go on a "Chico" hunt, it appears that from all of the advice given, that Sosua is Chica-Land versus Chico-Town

If anyone has additional advice or comments, I'm glad to hear them.

Thanks!:squareeye

Status
Not open for further replies.