visa for my dominican boyfried to come to uk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandudette

May 10, 2007
Hey eveyone!
im new to this! and flicking through... i see there are a lot of threads about the US and Canada... but not so much the UK...
i am really still baffled by the concept of visa, but am tryin to figure the out...
i would really apprieciate it if some one could give me a run down of.. basically how i can have my boyfriend here in the uk with me... from both aspects of if he can work... and from if he is just visiting..
try and keep things a simple as possible please cos i get confused easily haha!
Thank you every one!
Dani x

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think the laws in the UK might be similar to Canada's and the US.

If he comes to work he's immigrating which is very difficult and almost impossible for him to get a visitor's visa if he has nothing to return to the DR for.

Here's the info for you Home*UKvisas

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Hey eveyone!
im new to this! and flicking through... i see there are a lot of threads about the US and Canada... but not so much the UK...
i am really still baffled by the concept of visa, but am tryin to figure the out...
i would really apprieciate it if some one could give me a run down of.. basically how i can have my boyfriend here in the uk with me... from both aspects of if he can work... and from if he is just visiting..
try and keep things a simple as possible please cos i get confused easily haha!
Thank you every one!
Dani x
You wont get him here on a vistor visa get a finance for 6 month,s ,marry him or not or send him back all they will tell you he would have nothing to go back to the D/R, for if you have a finance visa he will not be able to work and no resorce to the public fund,s http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/44143-visa-uk.html here a thread on visa to uk

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
OK. You can get a visitors visa. I got one for my boyfriend before he became my husband, and I know several who have had one. He will need:\
* 1000US$ in the bank and it also needs to show transactions in and out over a time period. ie you can't just put 1000US$ in his account
* Aletter of invitation from you from the UK
* Agood job and a letter from his employer showing he has a good job and how much he is paid.
* Proof he will return here - ownership of house or business helps, plus copy of title deeds
*Passport
* Birth certificate
*Details of your bank accounts to show you can support him there

He then needs to download copy of visa form from internet, or get one from embassy. Be warned they only issue these at certain times - phone in advance to check. Go to embassy with form filled in plus all his stuff well organised, pay fee - its just gone up, lleave passport. He will then get phone call to tell him when interview is, go for interview. Go back a day later and get told yes or no. Any other questions - pm me

Matilda

Status
Not open for further replies.