rio san juan cheap hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy the aussie

Mar 7, 2006
hi there , i will be in rio san juan on a budget and would possibly like a place around the $US25 to stay at, i have a child aged 2yrs old with me so if you can recommend anyone please, it would be a great help, thanks ....ps it will be for 3 nights , all recommendations welcome ,again;) thankyou

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Los gringos
Home Page
. . . but not $25 a night. There is a hotel in (on the way out of RSJ going East) that is said to be cheaper. Hotel Bahia Blanca I think. But no e-address or website. I trolled for a telephone number a few months ago and came up blank. French Canadian lady who invites drop-ins. Search here and ye shall find other posts on her place.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bahia Blanca is in Rio San Juan. They charge about $35 US a day. It is on the water.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
also.

hi there , i will be in rio san juan on a budget and would possibly like a place around the $US25 to stay at, i have a child aged 2yrs old with me so if you can recommend anyone please, it would be a great help, thanks ....ps it will be for 3 nights , all recommendations welcome ,again;) thankyou
Hotel Rio San Juan in the center of the town is?ent exactly plush but not so bad for the$25us per night you are looking for.
you may even get that down if you pay the week in advance.
the have a resteraunt,bar,pool etc.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
bahia blanca

(809) 589-2562

nice enough for the price. dinner served on the first floor, nice view of the bay. Large shared balcony area overlooking the water. mostly peaceful and quiet. walking distance to center of town No TV, no A/C

Feb 15, 2005
JSH,

thanks for the info. I been anticipating getting back there. The scenery is one of the best on the East coast. It's less known than Cabarete or Puerto Plata but it is certainly in my opinion more beautiful.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you go to Rio San Juan you must go to Playa Caleton. It is the best beach on the North Coast. Secluded and pristine water. 1KM east of Rio S.Juan. Ask for directions, everyone knows this beach.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bahia Blanca is next to a very small beach. You can swim there if you like. But I recommend Playa Caleton.

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Hotel Abreu

Hotel Abreu (if it's the one Im thinking of) is located in Abreu which is close to Eden Bay Resort about halfway between Cabrera and Rio San Juan. Hotel Abreu I believe is right next to the entry way into the new develpment called Sea Tree.

I dont know of anyone who has stayed at Hotel Abreu, but if it's the yellow two or three story building that I am thinking of, it is nice looking and I understand very reasonable-probably the price range that you were looking for.

The town of Abreu is very near Playa Grande and is an easy gua gua ride.
Hope this is helpful

jwampler
PS If anyone has ever stayed at Hotel Abreu, Id appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks.

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
Rio San Juan hotels

I have stayed at all of the places mentioned in this post. The last time I went to stay at the Bahia Blanca, it had really gone down hill, and I had to make an excuse to leave after seeing the room. I do not recommend this place. As far as the Hotel Rio San Juan, this place is not much better, and I also can not recommend it. The last time I was there, I had to beg for water to wash. Poor lighting, etc. Neither place is good for a child. I also stayed at the Hotel Abreu, which is either new or re-done I believe. Not bad for your price range. It is in the small town of Abreu, on the main road. Don't expect anything outside of the hotel; there is nothing there. This town is very small. You will need to take transportation back to Rio S.J., or to the beach. If you wanted to stay in R.S.J., which is a great little town, you would be better off renting a room from a private owner, of which there are several. The Caleyton beach is great, and Playa Grande is great also, but Playa Grande is more dangerous surf wise, so be careful.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
If you wanted to stay in R.S.J., which is a great little town, you would be better off renting a room from a private owner, of which there are several.

I'm planning to visit RSJ in August and was thinking seriously about the Bahia Blanca. Do you have a list of the private owners who I may be able to contact; perhaps one close to Playa Caleton?

mmilone

Mar 25, 2003
RSJ hotel

I can give you the name of a friend in RSJ who will get the number of the owner of a nice place. I've stayed there several times, and the price is good.
I don't have the owner's number. It's a nice house/small apartment with 3 rooms available. It's right in RSJ, which is close to Caleyton. The beach is just a few minutes away by moto (20 pesos). Let me know if you're interested. As far as RSJ goes, the beauty of it is that you can walk the whole town and everything is close; call center, bars, restaurants, supermarket, bank, etc.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I can give you the name of a friend in RSJ who will get the number of the owner of a nice place. I've stayed there several times, and the price is good.

That would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Silver1126

May 19, 2007
Hey there... Im heading into RSJ when I go down in December... can someone please IM me or post good cheap hotel info :D Thanks - i would be much appreciated!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey there... Im heading into RSJ when I go down in December... can someone please IM me or post good cheap hotel info :D Thanks - i would be much appreciated!!!
Bahia Blanca is pretty much the only option, other than staying in a Dominican habitacion, which may pose security risks for your luggage/possessions.

Silver1126

May 19, 2007
The good news is... Im only visiting that area for 1 night... so everything else will be locked up in a safe :D. I will give BB a call :D Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.