The newbie wants to know

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
Okay,
I am sure this has been discussed and explained in the past and will seem like a stupid question to everyone--but what the crap is a "sankie"? Just curious.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Okay,
I am sure this has been discussed and explained in the past and will seem like a stupid question to everyone--but what the crap is a "sankie"? Just curious.

"crap"? you don't have to be so procacious about it...;-)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
A Sankie is a male resort worker that charms/sleeps with a female tourist in return for money/western union and gifts.

Wrong! let me correct your sentence....

A sankie/ sankiette is a male/female resort worker that charms/sleeps with a male/female tourist in return for money/western union and/or other gifts and attentions....

Better?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Se te olvido......

A sankie/ sankiette is a male/female resort worker that charms/sleeps with a male/female tourist in return for money/western union and/or other gifts and attentions....

Better?
And...

MOST Sankies, for the right amount of money and if they see an "easy target", will sleep with "one of their own", A MAN!!.

Yeah, they are capable of turning "mariquitas" for the "right price and target"...... Hahahahaha!!

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
aye, padre'
Well, I guess that answers my question--and I guessed wrong! This is much more interesting! I am learning the best words here--they don't teach you these in spanish class!

Sorry about the potty mouth.

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
Bahahahaha! I'm having fun reading all of these "sankie stories" now. I had now idea. I have only been to one resort in the DR, usually I am at friends homes. Alas---I was never a sankie target...
I can also see now that had I looked a little better it was under my nose---lesson learned. Thanks. lk

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
UM...I meant looked a little better ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE INFORMATION--not at the resort for a sankie. Just re-read that and it sounded all wrong.

B

batich

Better?

not necessary "tourist".

there are sunkie lovers among women who are long time residents here.

why not after all? if she has money to pay for the pleasure.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Not all are at resorts!!! They mingle with normal people as well! That's when they are they most dangerous. You're not expecting it.

They can smell a gringo/a from miles away. :)

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I met a christian sanky. How is that? I was in a resort last year 2-2006 in La Romana I told the manager to get me a trusted driver who can take me around because I was alone oh great, the manager told me I know this guy and he is adventist. Suddendly he felt in love with me , he wanted to marry me, and he called me everynight (no sex propossal of course) been christians.. He told me that he was looking for investor on his company. I said what company? Transportation company he replied I told him I am into real estate I have nothing to do with transportation and I don't like you also he introduced me his mom, dad, sisters. I went back there and I told him that we can be friends that was the end... No more calls. Please do not take me wrong because all rules has exceptions but this one was a "Vividor"...