Sosua Romanoff Hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Its been a few years for me but i doubt much has changed. This is a very basic hotel...if you want bells and whistles, don't stay here but if you are low maintenance, you will like it...

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I have tried to find a web site for this hotel and have had no luck. I have read the MIXED reviews of this hotel in previous posts...some going as far back as 2004. Do they have a safe deposit box in the rooms. I have found out they are charging 350 a month for summer rate which seems very reasonable.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have tried to find a web site for this hotel and have had no luck. I have read the MIXED reviews of this hotel in previous posts...some going as far back as 2004. Do they have a safe deposit box in the rooms. I have found out they are charging 350 a month for summer rate which seems very reasonable.
As mentioned, it's not fancy nor modern, but the monthly deal is decent.

PS: I don't think they have a website.

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
Does anyone have any info on this hotel? The price seems low.

I stay there often. Most of the time I use it as my backup hotel to take all of my mistresses. The price ranges from 25-35 a night, the prices goes up (to 35$) if you want air, a kitchen etc.

I find it suitable if you are satisfied with a low key place with the bare necessities. The restaurant next door is surprisingly very good.

There is no maid service on Sundays.

Last edited:

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
room type.

i believe thae rate is $250us per mth in a room without t.v.
so 2 friends of mine that live there say.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
land mark........

Whereabouts is Romanoff Hotel?
just in case you are not familiar with the street names.
use the big off licence "SUPER SUPER" on the main st of sosua (pedro clisante)and hang a straight on its corner(coming from the beach end)and continue straight on down the street.its on the left hand side.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
"and hang a straight on its corner . . . ?
Sounds like it's on the same street as Eddy's if I'm reading the above right.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
summer rates

I got a hold of Patricia at the Romanoff and she quoted me 400 USD a month for the summer for a studio type room.....50 bucks xtra for tv.....20 bucks xtra for room safe and a 30 dollar deposit. I am thinking about trying it out. How is it as far as bringing the women in?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I got a hold of Patricia at the Romanoff and she quoted me 400 USD a month for the summer for a studio type room.....50 bucks xtra for tv.....20 bucks xtra for room safe and a 30 dollar deposit. I am thinking about trying it out. How is it as far as bringing the women in?
It is guest friendly.
Maybe another alternative would be a studio condo.
For example,
Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic
at $550 US/month, is way more luxurious that Romanoff at $450.
You're not in the center, but there's a plus and a minus to that.
Being a 10 minute walk (1 minute on a concho) from downtown, makes for a quieter peaceful ambience.
The grounds are way nicer too.
It just depends on what you want.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It is guest friendly.
Maybe another alternative would be a studio condo.
For example,
Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic
at $550 US/month, is way more luxurious that Romanoff at $450.
You're not in the center, but there's a plus and a minus to that.
Being a 10 minute walk (1 minute on a concho) from downtown, makes for a quieter peaceful ambience.
The grounds are way nicer too.
It just depends on what you want.

The big problem with this is the motoconho ride, especially crossing the main road at night. I would never be dependent on that. Romanoff is in walking distance to everything.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The big problem with this is the motoconho ride, especially crossing the main road at night. I would never be dependent on that. Romanoff is in walking distance to everything.
That's the only advantage.
Some people prefer to be super close, others prefer to be a bit farther, for the quiet.
it's just a matter of taste.
I know that if I was staying an entire month, I might find Romanoff a bit too dark and gloomy, and would opt for the Studio condo.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I guess I will eyeball the hotel Romanoff when I get there....I have walked by it on several trips but never ventured in!

Status
Not open for further replies.