I'm going to break up with my DDD and it's a shame

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
I'm leaving on Wednesday for my xth trip to the DR in the last 3 years, and I just decided that it will be my last, and that I'll break up with my novio.

He's a good one, and the gringa chicks and dominicanas equally envy me, but these 3 years of LD relationship, of travelling back and forth, of hardly going on vacation anywhere else, of late-night phone calls, of feeling like in a relationship but sleeping alone in my bed here, of reading DR1 forums night after night, it will be over. I have not been able to find a way to move there and live as wealthy a life as I do here, and he would not be able to live here and be happy.

I love the country, no doubt always will, have many dominican friends here & there, have become very fluent in spanish and learned to cook great dominican food, but now it's time to find me a man closer to home.

just wanted to get that off my chest
and maybe I'll post after I get back, on how it went.. otherwise good bye DR1

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
You should have found yourself a really DDD.

HB

Someone who would agree to move? But how would he be a DDD then? :confused:

OP - this is very understandable. LD relationships are hard and a lot of them don't lead to anything unfortunately unless one of the sides is willing to change life completely for someone else which is very rare. Good luck!

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
he is, if you'd meet him you would agree HB

only lacks higher education, funds and social status to qualify even by AZB's standards...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
what in the name of the baby Jesus is a DDD?
and cant you find them in the country where you live?::surprised :

DDD stands for a Definitely Different Dominican. It is possible to find DDDs where you live, but they will still be Dominican;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Last Trip

I'm leaving on Wednesday for my xth trip to the DR in the last 3 years, and I just decided that it will be my last, and that I'll break up with my novio.
IMHO, in your case, it'll be one trip too many.

But all right, let's hear how it went.

(My crystal ball knows the outcome already... ;) )

m'frog

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
Ddd........right!!!!!!

DDD stands for a Definitely Different Dominican. It is possible to find DDDs where you live, but they will still be Dominican;)
Ha,Ha, thanks for the ?translation?.
i put somewhere else in another thread that these words when you heard them from a guy or mostly women,was the start of their personal ?Road To Hell?!
?oh but he she is so different?.
?he says he doesent like dominican women??!
?he brought me to see his family,SUCH a gentleman?.
?no she wasent really a BIG prostitute,if she liked a guy she?d go with him,but she is different NOW!!!.
hes so jealous,purr,purr,.he doesent want me talking to anyone.
and so on and so on.
DDD.FATAL WORDS,LOL...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No sabias.....

He's a good one, and the gringa chicks and dominicanas equally envy me, but these 3 years of LD relationship, of travelling back and forth, of hardly going on vacation anywhere else, of late-night phone calls, of feeling like in a relationship but sleeping alone in my bed here, of reading DR1 forums night after night, it will be over. I have not been able to find a way to move there and live as wealthy a life as I do here, and he would not be able to live here and be happy.
And you didn't know all this before you started the relationship?.

Why is it your last trip to the DR?. Leaving your tunovio has nothing to do with the DR.

Perhaps, after you find the next one on your own backyard, you can go with him to the DR. I mean, since you said you love the DR.

Long distance relationships with Dominicans are frustrating and VERY EXPENSIVE!!.

At least you saw that it wasn't going to work for you and you didn't make the mistake some of these fools make and bring him to where you live!.

Last edited:
C

Chip00

I love the country, no doubt always will, have many dominican friends here & there, have become very fluent in spanish and learned to cook great dominican food, but now it's time to find me a man closer to home.

just wanted to get that off my chest
and maybe I'll post after I get back, on how it went.. otherwise good bye DR1

Sorry to hear that. IMO opinion as a guy he should be able to adapt more than a women as that how guys typically are so maybe and if your American maybe you should think about bringing him over on a fiancee visa and see how he likes it. I understand there is a certain amount of time that one has(maybe 90 days) befeor one gets married so if he can't take it - off he goes to Quisqueya.

Also, you could also reconsider moving to an area with a lot of Hispanics, say Orlando or such.

Best of luck.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
:(

What a difficult decision to have to make. I'm sorry it can't work out the way the way that you hoped it would.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
3 years it's a long time....
i only suffered six months before i figured out it's either all or nothing....
best of luck, borruga, not everyone can make this move and come to live here. i hope you will be happy back home...

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
I am sad for you. It sounds like you have real feelings for this man and will return home with a broken heart. I am pulling toward your mending and hoping you wont throw the baby out with the bath water. There is a lot more to that island than men to explore--I promise.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
It's a sad situation to have to go through. Good men and women are hard to find. I wonder if you trust him enough to take a chance in bringing him to your side of the world. Will he stay with you long-term once he's free to roam?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Who are we kidding when he gives her the sad story this DDD will be like all others and have her eating out of his hands. She is not going anywhere. Hope to see you at a DR1 reununion since your not leaving,stop fooling yourself.

Gimme a f'ing break... If this were some old lonely balding fat white guy with one foot in the grave breaking it off with a 20 year old hoe there all the men here would be so sympathatic.

There have been stupid women posting all their dirty business on here but I believe (and is most likely true) that men get played more by the dirty hookers and sankiettes there.

A women walking out of Mangu with a sankie having spent a couple hundred pesos on a few beers or a guy walking out of Cristals with a hooker for a couple thousand pesos... hmmm... and women will always be the first to admit to getting played and get out of the situation.

Tourist women (majority) aren't as stupid as the men on this board believe. The smart ones lay low and let the retarded ones post their stupidity, whereas the men on this board congradulate eachother on their ho findings.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
3 years of dating a DDD. Think of all the money you could have saved, you would have been able to move to the DR and live a wealthy lifestyle.

At the same time, think of how much money you're going to save without him.

Good luck, and when you do break up with him, make sure you don't fall for all the lines he's going to throw at you. Maybe you should just phone him!;)

Sep 19, 2005
LD relationship are brutal and put huge strains on the perfect of couples...I am about to reach 2 years .
EVEN though we are talking about a dominican man( sorry they have huge reputations of infidelity), I believe it is possible that a few realtionships are what people say they are. Even if no one on the board would put their money on it. But your statement that the gringa chicks and the dominicanas both envy you....tends to make me think you had a trophy and not a loving relationship. But I dont know.

I would think that after 3 years you have seen and lived enough situations to know all the pitfalls...and the fact that you were still together, means that no one went way off the scale of being bad.. and that you may just be coming to the realization , that this is a too huge an uphill battle. My gf never was super trilled about the idea of moving to america, she just wanted to be with me, and prefered I move there. I have been trying to convince her she can have the best of both worls if she lives in america...lots of trips back home, and the good life choices available in america..schools, health care, and job opportunities.

even though my relationship has taken its remarks here and elsewhere, I understand that those opinions are based on sheer numbers of gringo-dominicanas , and it comes with the territory I guess at first.

One thing that is troubling is the OP comes on the board with her good byes, but after three years, I would think she might have contributed more than the few posts she has. She didnt need to tell us about her relationship to participate.

good luck either way, anyway

bob