First baby on the way and we're lost

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Just found out a few days ago that the we're going to be having our first child. Could someone recommend a good female doctor for the wife? We didnt want to just end up in Plaza de la Salud with whatever Gynocologist shows up that day...
Thanks in advance!

C

Chip00

Just found out a few days ago that the we're going to be having our first child. Could someone recommend a good female doctor for the wife? We didnt want to just end up in Plaza de la Salud with whatever Gynocologist shows up that day...
Thanks in advance!

What city do you live in?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Not neccesary that the doctor speak english. We live in western S.D. but willing to go
wherever for a good doctor.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
If you are open to a less-traditional approach to medicine (no holistic crap though, I don't suffer fools gladly) then I recommend my doctor. She's no c-section-happy, and not greedy either.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Sep 19, 2005
I can recomend a fabulous doctor in La Vega....he is older and has an excellent reputation. I know that doesnt fill your request fully...but you have the offer, if you cant find what you seek.

bob

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
my dominican wife and i used to live in Key West, she had the best doctors, four miscarriages...................this last time around, NO doctors, one month before she was to deliver she went back to santo domingo and had a beautiful baby boy at the military hospital in SD.............go figure.........and since her brother was an army colonel it cost us nothing.............

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Centro de Obstetricia y Ginecologia

Dra. Gloria Altagracia Castillo Pichardo
Centro de Obstetricia y Ginecologia
809-221-0051

I went to see her when I was expecting my first baby in 2005. She is really great.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
When our son was born I had Tamara Frankenberg as my gyn/ob. She changed hospitals about six months after our son was born. I can't remember if she is in Abel Gonzalez or Corazones Unidos now.

I was very pleased with her and felt that she did quite a good job.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm impressed

I see that we go to the same doctor. 3 DR1ers, at least.

that OP got valuable information from referenced people in less than 12 hours from the start of her posting.
Shows you what you can do on DR1 other than "Do you know Jose from the Duh Hotel?

JOHN