Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First baby on the way and we're lost

Just found out a few days ago that the we're going to be having our first child. Could someone recommend a good female doctor for the wife? We didnt want to just end up in Plaza de la Salud with whatever Gynocologist shows up that day...
    Thanks in advance!

Chip00

Quote Originally Posted by NV_ View Post
    Just found out a few days ago that the we're going to be having our first child. Could someone recommend a good female doctor for the wife? We didnt want to just end up in Plaza de la Salud with whatever Gynocologist shows up that day...
    Thanks in advance!
    What city do you live in?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

oops, in Santo Domingo.

Chip00

Quote Originally Posted by NV_ View Post
    oops, in Santo Domingo.
    Sorry I can't help - we live in Santiago.

You might also want to post the area you live in and if the doctor needs to speak English, etc.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not neccesary that the doctor speak english. We live in western S.D. but willing to go
    wherever for a good doctor.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the mums in this thread live in Santo Domingo. http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/625...t-feeding.html

Perhaps you could ask there for recommendations of physicians in the capital.

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are open to a less-traditional approach to medicine (no holistic crap though, I don't suffer fools gladly) then I recommend my doctor. She's no c-section-happy, and not greedy either.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I can recomend a fabulous doctor in La Vega....he is older and has an excellent reputation. I know that doesnt fill your request fully...but you have the offer, if you cant find what you seek.

bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

my dominican wife and i used to live in Key West, she had the best doctors, four miscarriages...................this last time around, NO doctors, one month before she was to deliver she went back to santo domingo and had a beautiful baby boy at the military hospital in SD.............go figure.........and since her brother was an army colonel it cost us nothing.............

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Atabey, Centro de Salud de la Mujer in Gazcue, Dra. Jenny Garcia
    809-412-8212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast