Resorts near the Coral Marien 5/24-5/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieJuan

Mar 7, 2007
Help! Cousin's wedding is at the Coral Marien but all the rooms are booked. The manager of the Coral recommended the Iberostar which is next door, But I want some more options. What are other resorts/hotels that are near the Corel in walking distance??

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The Iberostar abuts the east side of the Coral (now Oasis) Marien and is the only resort in easy walking distance. Any of the 14 or so resorts in the Playa Dorada complex would be about a $6US A/C taxi ride away (one way).

Gregg

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Iberostar is a beautiful resort rated number one on the North coast. I have stayed there four times and would not stay anywhere else, they fill up fast too so you may want to check availability. It is on Costa Dorada beach with only the Coral next door. All the resorts in the complex are on Playa Dorada beach and are about a twenty minute walk along the beach or highway or a taxi ride like the other poster said. I'm not sure where Blue Bay is, but I know its not within walking distance of Coral.

curlyq

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I would not consider any Playa Dorada resort to be within walking distance to Coral Marien to attend a wedding. The heat can be oppressive and you would arrive looking like a wet dishrag - not a prime way to attend a wedding, IMHO. Take taxis - they're not that expensive.

Gregg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Blue Bay is a newly renovated resort in Playa Dorada, it is the only adult only resort in the area. It is quite nice.

I agree with Fireguy - in this heat that walk can be difficult, especially going to a wedding. ANy other day, a good walker can do it easily.

Also consider the Gran Ventana or Victoria Golf Resort, both good quality hotels.

More budget conscious - consider Fun Royale/Fun Tropicale, Occidental Playa Dorada or Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada (the most low budget option)

EddieJuan

Mar 7, 2007
Blue Bay is a newly renovated resort in Playa Dorada, it is the only adult only resort in the area. It is quite nice.

I agree with Fireguy - in this heat that walk can be difficult, especially going to a wedding. ANy other day, a good walker can do it easily.

Also consider the Gran Ventana or Victoria Golf Resort, both good quality hotels.

More budget conscious - consider Fun Royale/Fun Tropicale, Occidental Playa Dorada or Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada (the most low budget option)

Thank you for the information and I will check these. Yes I do agree with both you and Fireguy about walking to the wedding will turn me into "a wet dishrag". LOL!! I wasn't planning on doing that though it did cross my mind. What I really meant is it possible to walk to the Marien, Iberostar resorts on the beach? I will have family staying at both resorts through the week and I was hoping to walk up liesurely and hang with them on the beach.

EddieJuan

Mar 7, 2007
Thanks so much

Thanks FireGuy, Planner, and Curlyq. Thanks for all the useful information the hotels, resorts, and the answer to the walking question. I'll try to let you know on how the trip went.;)

sanjohn

Nov 22, 2006
EddieJuan - Certainly you can take a leisurely stroll along the beach to the other hotels - which is a favorite past time for tourists. Keep in mind that you will probably not be able to access the hotel, as the security people are usually watching for the wristbands . . . . . for the wedding I am sure they will be making some arrangements for guests.

Just for fun, go onto Google Earth and type in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. You will be able to have a look at the layout of the city. You will be able to zero in and the first thing you should be seeing is the harbour area. Follow the coastline (east) to your right and you will eventually come to the resort areas - first, the Coral Marien and Iberostart (the swimming pools are pretty obvious - hit the little crosses to identify the hotels). They are followed by a long stretch of beach and then you get to the Playa Dorada portion of the beach which includes a number of hotels some which are on the beach and others "in land". The golf course which runs through the complex is also pretty easy to identify. The first hotel on the beach in the Playa Dorada complex is Holiday Village (old Jack Tar). The hotel at the peak is Paradise, and Gran Ventana is next. Victoria Resort is not on the beach, but is one of the "in land" hotels looking out onto the golf course.

OK everyone, hit the search button!

Status
Not open for further replies.