Punta Cana

AZ3

May 14, 2007
Great info here, I'll keep reading but in the meantime...I'm thinking of moving to the Punta Cana area. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay in rent for a safe 2 bedroom place near the beach for at least a 7 month lease?

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ3

May 14, 2007
Thanks Caren.

$700-$1000 per month depending on exact location, size, furnishings, utilities, etc.

Solely in your opinion, Would something in that price range be a place where my wife would feel safe taking my daughter for a walk to the beach while I'm away? We've spend a good bit of time in Tortola BVI and felt safe enough there. Just to give you some type of idea as to what we call feeling safe. I read a lot of different views in this forum and one person will act like you'll get mugged if you walk outside a resort while another person will say it feels and is safer in any major U.S. city. Which way do you feel?? Anybody?? Thanks for your time.

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Absolutely safe in my experience. The area of el Cortecito is very nice, plenty of restaurants, nice condos and a beautiful beach. Look at the area between Captain Cooks and los Corales.